“Retie The Knot Ceremony” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Early Booking Bonus!!
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Retie The Knot Ceremony”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Most beautiful, exciting, exhilarating, adventurous, romantic- I can't say enough about this resort!! There are so many emotions I have in my body and I've been back home 3 days now!! I'm still feeling blown away by the beauty...The attention to detail....The feel....The smells...The people...The culture! Just go see for yourself!! I don't know what else to say...I was there 6 days and hated to leave. Love, Love, Love this place! Thank you for my beautiful ceremony.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,704)
Markham, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

This is a couples resort for that quiet getaway. We stayed in a Riviera Honeymoon Beachfront Club Level room facing the ocean. Everything in the building and room was really clean. No bugs and not even any mosquitoes to be found anywhere on the grounds or in the rooms. I'm not used to staying at such a quiet resort. It seemed like there was more staff than guests. The service was great and I especially like the Sandals no tipping policy as it makes everything easier.

The food was the best resort food that I've ever had although it's still a notch below food from a cruise. There were 15 a la carte restaurants to choose from and all of them were pretty good. My only gripe about the food is that it's geared towards North American palates. I don't blame them but personally I'd rather have authentic food. The jerk looked authentic but it didn't taste authentic.

With regards to activities, there's really not too much going on in the resort. The Beach was nice but pretty small. Unlimited water sports is great to stay active. There were schedules for activities such as beach volleyball or the rock climbing wall but no one was ever there, which is unfortunate since I love my sports.

Location-wise, it's a little too far from the airport for my liking. Almost a 2 hour drive to and from Montego Bay. This cuts significantly into the resort time. However, it is closer to tourist haunts like Dunn's River Falls so that could be a plus if taking excursions.

Still these are some small cons as overall it was a really relaxing experience and gave us time to reconnect as a couple.

Room Tip: If you like activity, choose the Riviera Beachfront side. Everything pretty much goes on in that si...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Creedmoor, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

My husband and I spent a week at Sandals Grande Riviera 7/25 - 8/1/14. The resort is divided into 3 parts, all easily accessible. The Manor side has the large manor pool, 4 restaurants and a Red Lane Spa. This side of the resort has the hillside villas, where we stayed. We booked the 1 bedroom suite with shared pool and were very happy with our choice. Our suite came with butler service, free wifi, and room service. The suite was very nice, including a living room, kitchette and bedroom. The bathroom was a little dated as was the rest of the suite but clean and comfortable. We were on the 1st floor of the 2 story villa with a veranda. Just 3 steps down to our shared pool. Our butlers were Ray and Denton, both of whom were great. Always ready to pick us up with their golf cart and very helpful. The other parts of the resort are the Riviera and Ochi Beach Club. They were across a main road, which you could walk to or use the shuttle. The shuttle ran about every 10 minutes. We never waited longer than that. The Ochi Beach club has a pool, beach and 5 restaurants. The Riviera area included a beach, more restaurants, another Red Lane Spa, water sports, the Amphitheater and pool. Make sure to see the Silver Birds perform, they are awesome. The grounds are very pretty, well maintained and very relaxing. A fantastic staff, friendly and helpful. We rented a cabana one day at the Manor pool. It was a fun day with Odean and Odave serving us all day. I was celebrating my birthday and can't say enough about the great service we received. Our favorite restaurants were Reef Terrace and Bayside. All the food was fresh and presented beautifully. We loved the coconut shrimp from the beach grill. Never made it to 4 of the restaurants, planning our next visit to SGR to include the ones we missed. Manor pool is very large, lots of loungers, great pool bar. Ochi Beach Club pool is smaller and was more of a party atmosphere. We also enjoyed the Amphitheater pool, close to water sports. Snorkeling was good, included with your stay at SGR. The glass bottom boat tour, Captain Tim was very informative. A great vacation overall. Only negative is the 90 minute drive from the airport. We also used Club Mobay for arrival and departure and highly recommend both. We have already booked next year's vacation at SGR!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Belcourt, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

We traveled with a group of ten people including couples, family, and friends! It was truely a breathtaking experience! We stayed in the Villa Butler Suites and had our own private pool. We met two amazing Butlers who treated us like family. The people at the resort we energetic, fun, and hospitable! I loved everything about SGR and Jamaica! I can't wait to soon come back!! My 30th bday will leave lasting memories!

Room Tip: I would definitely upgarde to the Butler Villa's. Can't go wrong with that option.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed at the beautiful Sandals Grande Riviera Beach and Villa Golf Resort last month and could not have asked for a better vacation. We stayed in the One Bedroom Butler Suite and were treated like Royalty! The 2 butlers were amazing and were most attentive to our needs. They knew what we wanted before we did! The suite was beautiful and came with our very own pool, that was shared by one other suite. The multiple restaurants were wonderful and the drinks were quite yummy and refreshing. So much to see and do. Don't miss a great opportunity to live like a King and Queen on your next vacation.

Room Tip: The Butler Villa is not beachfront, so if you want beachfront, be sure to say so when booking.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Lauren B, Online Review Coordinator at Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for your great review!
We loved hearing about your incredible vacation experience at Sandals Grande Riviera and that you thoroughly enjoyed exploring the beautiful island surroundings. It's great that you felt completely pampered during your time with us in Jamaica and it was our pleasure being able to make sure all your needs were met. We hope to see you again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back to paradise!
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

I was confused which Sandals resort to book! Oh boy I am so glad I did the Grand Riviera as everything was fantastic.
I booked two all Butler Villa One Bedroom Suites. The rooms were very spacious with a living room, kitchenette & great comy bed.
Our butlers Jermaine & Oshane from start to finish are credit to Sandals with their thorough professionalism coupled with the famous Jamaican smile.
Though we were all vegetarian, food was not an issue. If we asked they obliged. Service at both Great House & Beachside is great. Brandon at Kelly's Seaside, Glenroy @ Valentino's are great waiters.
Have to eat at Kimono's Japanese Restaurant for the experience. Whilst cooking the head chef will sing songs & have lots of fun with you. Not to be missed.
It is unfair sometimes to single out individuals for praise & have to take this opportunity to say that whoever we came in contact with the staff,they were also terrific!
We as a family have no doubt that you will absolutely love at Sandals Grand Riviera.

YA MAN!

Room Tip: Great House is ideal for people who want peace & quiet with an option to go to beachside anytime...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Kingwood, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We just cannot say enough good things about SGR. The place is amazing! The renovations are awesome! This resort has something for everyone....Lush Gardens...., Beach....., Diving...., Dancing...., Dining....and SO MUCH MORE! The staff treats us like we are family and goes out of their way to make our stay as fun and enjoyable as it can be. And I would like to share a word on the staff at SGR. Although this does not apply to every staff member, it applies to enough of them to warrant praise. The staff takes ownership of guest issues. Someone at SGR is going to listen and will make it their personal mission to track down and solve your problem. This is a differentiation for this resort over others that I have visited.

Room Tip: Pick a room based on your "Style". Riviera rooms are near the beach. Manor rooms are nestl...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort? Share your experiences!