We just came back from our trip to Sandals Grande Riviera. We have previously visited La Toc in St. Lucia and Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay. On this trip we stayed on the ocean side club level (concierge service). Sandals does not disappoint. At Grande Riviera there were plenty of activities, we had good meals, there was a friendly staff and we could always find a place to get some sun.
The staff overall was wonderful. Excellent concierge group - Racquel, Shadine and Lydia were so reliable and made us feel like it really was our home. I went scuba diving for the first time and Kevin made me feel very safe and comfortable. There are plenty of activities at this resort. Although it's the largest, it doesn't feel overcrowded. We had a great meal at Victor's (go early, they don't take reservations and it gets very busy) and we had a great meal at Kimono's (Tex was our cook and he was a blast). The dinner for returning Sandals guests was also very nice. We were able to learn more about Sandals and it had some nice recognition for guests. We also sat with a staff member, Rocco and he was fantastic to get to know. We had a great tour with the catamaran to Dunn's River Falls. Awesome staff. Would definitely recommend this tour if you're going to Ocho Rios. Another wonderful thing, our flight was cancelled due to the snow and the Sandals staff completely took care of us. We didn't need to change rooms and their policy is that the first night is complimentary if your flight is cancelled. Thank you Sandals! It's stressful when plans change and it makes it so much better to know that we didn't need to worry about a place to stay.
There really wasn't much that we didn't like, but to be fair, I should include the information. In comparison to the other resorts that we've been to, the room was just ok. The bed was very comfortable, but again to be fair in comparing to other Sandals. This resort also feels like 2 separate resorts (hillside and ocean side), you can't get from one side to another without a shuttle bus, they run regularly, but we're independent and like to walk. There are a lot of stairs on the ocean side, which we don't mind, but it may be something to consider. We couldn't get into Kelly's, they take reservations, but it's a small place and they were booked so far out we were unable to go. In my opinion, those are all minor.
We had a great recommendation from Rocco and booked our next trip to Antigua with Tiffany. We can't wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios