My husband and I chose This resort to celebrate his birthday and what a treat it was! Initially, I thought the resort might be too big for our taste, but the way the properties are laid out, it is hard to believe how comfortable we were wherever we went. There was a small haven for everyone and if you like a large atmosphere, then up the hill property is the place for you. That big pool was one of the best I have seen in the Caribbean.
We are beach people, so we spent most of our time near the beach at the Riviera building and although, we would prefer a longer beach, we enjoyed the ocean immensely. The water was so clean, serene and beautiful. We were always lucky to have access to the shed near the beach, but I think there can be more shade for people who do not like to be in the sun all day
What we like most:
We were most impressed by the staff and management at Sandals. They would go the extra mile to ensure your stay was extraordinary. Rocco
ensured our room was perfectly suited to our needs. Jason thanks for lunch and spending time with us to make sure we were totally updated with every aspect of the resort. Sorry, we did not book a return, but you can be sure we will be back. Sidique was most instrumental in sorting out our friends complaints. Susan ensured our special requests were there for us. Thanks to all of you and the entire staff...too many names to list...but Brandon, Kenroy, Wade and the omelette maker, Peter...the very best!
We tried most of the 17 restaurants, and enjoyed almost every meal. Valentinos, Neptune and Bayside were our our favourites. We like the fact we did not have to make reservation everywhere.
What we did not like much:
Beach can be longer
More shade areas would help
Fish burger at Neptunes ..not too good
Breakfast at Bayside can be more creative,a maybe some sailfish and ackee some days
In summary, we loved, loved, loved this resort and definitely would return.
Thanks Sandals Grand Riviera.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel
- Sandals Grande Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.