My husband and I spent a week at this resort in jan/feb 2014. We are a couple in our early thirties. We've been to quite a few resorts, and to Jamaica before so we have some ability to compare. We stayed in a Honeymoon Luxury club level villa in the bamboo cottages.
We checked in at the same time as another couple that were not club guests and they were checked in before us as we had to wait for the concierge to come get us. The first room they brought us to was 2004 and it was a large, beautiful room but it was really loud and we could hear road noise and music through the closed door. We requested to be moved and within half an hour we were in our new room which was smaller, but more private and quiet so we decided to stay.
The room was everything you need. Bed was large and comfortable. Pillows weren't great quality. Everything was very clean and all if the amenities you could ever need were there. We had hot water with good water pressure every day.
We were travelling with an allergy as Sandals delivered on accommodating it. Breakfast at the buffet was great everyday, but make sure to wait for your coffee to before you take off to the buffet or you might not get it!!!
We had lunch at both pizza places and found the one on the riviera side to be significantly better. We also ate at all three beach restaurants and found the one on the hillside to be the best. great jerk chicken and ice cream.
Baysides French was excellent
The reef Caribbean was ok
Valentinos was pretty bad
Soy was excellent
China doll was excellent
The manor was our favorite thanks to the amazing coffee rubbed steak!!
We made it to two shows and both were fantastic and exceeded our expectations. We also attended the Super Bowl party which was done incredibly well.
Yes, there are lots of watersports included which we enjoyed and there were daily activities by the beach and pools. that being said, this is the one area where the resort lacks. For advertising free fitness classes, there were very few, and we didn't find out about them until they were over because the daily news didn't come out in time. The scheduled wasn't posted anywhere we could find it. There was one yoga class all week and it was at 8am which we didn't get the daily news for until 10am the same day. We've previously stayed at Couples and if you are into fitness, couples blows Sandals out of the water.
One day there was a market tour listed as an activity- no one showed up to run that one.
Worth it? Maybe. It sounded like our allergy was much more accommodated than a couple we met who were not concierge. The free internet it comes with is great to stay in touch with home, etc. we never needed to use room service but the menu was good.
Overall it was a great trip to sandals for a well needed rest.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel
- Sandals Grande Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Venere so you can book your Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.