I don't know why so many people have negative things to say about this resort! My fiancé and I went here back in July and I forgot to leave a comment about it then. We stayed on the Manor side of the resort (also known as the Ochi Beach Club or the Butler Side). The butler service is a little overrated, but it was nice to have someone do things for you if you wanted. It came with the our room which was one of the cheaper rooms, so its not like we splurged to get the butler, it came with it. Our butler Olmando was amazing! He helped me plan my proposal for my girlfriend during a candlelight dinner. He made my proposal memorable and he was more than happy to do this for us! Then as a surprise, when we got back to the room there were flower petals all over the bed with the word "Congratulations" on the bed in white petals. Then there was candles set up around the bath which was already filled with hot water and flower petals. VERY ROMANTIC and he did it all himself!
The staff in general were very nice except for a hostess at one of the morning buffet's, who was very rude when I requested an open, clean table along the balcony so we could see the beach and a server at Valentino's who gave me a hard time about everything I asked for. At the main pool, bartender Basil was amazing. If you do go here (which you should!) ask the pool bar for a basil special. Amazing drink! Some people said drinks were watered down, they aren't! The rum is amazing and they use plenty! Red Stripe beer is delicious! The food was amazing! We loved it! The Sushi bar was delicious as was the Sake drink they have there! Sadly we didn't go here until the day before we left otherwise we would have come here more often!!!
Only negatives here were the beach is very small, but the pool is great. So if you are okay hanging out by the pool and the bar instead of on the beach, you have nothing to worry about! The other negative is that if you need to go down to the ocean side of the resort (where the beach is and most dinner restaurants).
All in all, go here and enjoy the nice weather, nice people, great culture and of course, RUM!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA and Booking.com so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios