Jamaica has won over our hearts. A huge reason why we loved our experience at the Sandals Grande Riviera was because of the awesome staff they employ!
First there is PERCIVAL (we called him Percy) who has hilarious! We had our first drink with this guy, learned some fancy "local" lingo and enjoyed some yummy rummy drinks. His humor, attentiveness, and knowledge of American football kept us stopping by everyday just to see his smiling face. He needs to be at a pool bar or some other prime spot where others can enjoy his company!
ALEX was our other favorite bartender. We had so much fun with him at the pool! We had a pretty big group of us from the Dunns falls/booze cruise excursion and he had us playing boys vs. girls FLIP CUP. YAAAAA MON! He was such a sweet, attentive, and fun mixologist; plus he can make a pretty purple like rainbow shot. This man is a keeper for sure!
KEVON from Kelly's was also someone who gave us a very "special" experience. This man ensured we had everything and more. This being a seafood restaurant, we really wanted lobster. Even though they do not serve it at his restaurant, this man made it happen, and we enjoyed a delectable steak and lobster dinner. His professionalism, patience, and care for his guests impressed us so much, and really made our meal at Kelly's one of our best dining experiences ever. He knows how to run his restaurant, keeping his number one priority guest satisfaction.
ILINE from Soy was extremely sweet. This girl is such a hardworker, we had her at breakfast at Valentinos, and then again at Soy for dinner. She obviously had a long day and still maintained a happy and energetic manner. Props to her for being a "FIVE STAR".
Last but not least, our Butlers Christa & Kayann. We mostly saw Christa because of how the scheduling worked, but both girls were so sweet, and really pulled off some cute surprises for us. Decorating our room with rose petals and flowers, stocking our room with plenty of coffee and RUM CREAM, and making dinner reservations were just a few of the things these ladies did for us. Having butlers was a great experience, and if you do have them, make sure you tip them! They work hard for you and its worth every penny. Thanks again Ladies!
- Melissa & Hampton Mauze
p.s. be adventerous and try the pigstail stew at the reef terrace. OMG i die!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Amex, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.