Prior to visiting this resort I read many reviews. Reviews of the facilities, pools, beach, food and other subjective opinions. This review is not going to comment on the personalities of the bartenders, pool men, maids, etc. Unless you’ve gone to a resort a number of times you won’t know if the chef had a good day or bad, whether the pool needed to be heated or was too hot, whether your towels were not fluffy enough or too fluffy, etc., etc. Basing a critical opinion of all aspects of a resort on one visit is not credible. This was our first visit so our only means to provide a critique compares Sandals to other resorts that we have visited. No resort is perfect, but this one is as close to perfection as possible. We spent too short a week here in June and left with very pleasant memories.
The grounds are attractive and very well kept. The swimming pools and the beach are well tended. Cleanliness appears to be paramount. What was especially memorable was the staff. Throughout the resort you are met with smiles, greetings, and offers to help. Looking for a particular restaurant we asked a passing worker for directions. He put the arm of “Madame” in his and escorted us to the door of the restaurant. You can’t be more considerate than that. At the restaurant we mentioned that we were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary. Without asking, they brought us a cake with “Happy 50th Anniversary” written across the cake. It’s these little extras that add up to a fine resort.
Kudos to our two butlers, Kevin and Shauna, for warm, prompt and outstanding service.
If you think this review has no validity unless it contains something negative, rest easy. The wait at the airport for transportation and the ride to the resort is lengthy, especially if you come from California, as we did. However, reading other reviews, we knew what to expect. If you can’t handle the transfer don’t go.
If you plan to go, check the resort's website for advance registration and other info.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios