I have been to other resorts and this was the best by far. I will list the good points and the not so good points although there were very few. We went with another couple for a 5 night trip at the end of June. We opted for the butler villa because of the price even though my wife wanted to stay closer to the beach. The shuttle to the beach came every few minutes so we did not have to wait long at all and it did not take us long to get to the beach. This was a concern for us at first but it worked out very well. Our butlers Patrick and Mikiko were great. We have never done the butler thing before so we did not know how it worked. We were concerned they might hover over us or bother us while we tried to relax. This was not the case at all. They were responsive and timely when we needed something. Often times we opted to walk from the villa to the Manor house instead of calling them for a ride but they would see us and pick us up. I think the butler service is the way to go even though it is across the road. The beach area was a little smaller but it was a nice beach and not very crowded. We had not problems getting chairs on the beach and swimming. They did not skimp on alcohol at the bars either. You should find Omar (Dr. O) the bartender, he is a show of his own and makes some very good drinks.
A few things that I thought needed improvement or the reason it was not a 5 star resort in my opinion: The food was good but not great. Of course some food was better than others but Kelly's dockside was not that great, my wife's food was a little undercooked. The rest of the food was good and I can't really think of anything else that stands out on it. The Manor house pool and swim up bar needed some updating. It was looking a little ragged and dirty in my opinion. Finally we did the snorkeling trip and it was a waste of time. There was not much to see and the guides just laid on the boat and did not pay much attention to what was going on.
Overall it was a great trip and we would go back. The staff was great, the resort was nice and we had plenty of things to do. We may have been paying for the name of the resort but it was the nicest we had been to so I guess it was worth it. We are very likely to do a Sandals resort again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios