This review is better late than never- Last August, 2012, my husband and I went for 6n, 7d to this beautiful resort. We stayed in the Riverera Butler villa and even though we could not walk to the beach, we never found that to be a problem. All ammenities are located on both sides of the property. Our room was beauitful, my husband loved the bathroom and we walked out to our semiprivate pool and patio which was shared with the neighbors next door but we never saw them. We could either walk to our room or take a jitney. When it poured, the jitney driver would come to our room with a huge umbrella so we wouldn't get wet. If you stay in the Rivera Villas just do your husband/boyfriend/sig other a favor and make sure you pack all that you need for a day at the beach so he doesnt have to go back by bus a bunch of times :)
We are fans of traveling concierge. It is worth the little extra. The staff at that desk are all wonderful and always helpful, especially when this new mom couldn't figure out how to get onto the wifi to talk to her kids and started to panic. All were patient and sympathetic. The playmakers were great;Natallia, Karah, Joel, Analisa, Josie and Kemar were so energetic and fun to be around. Anthaneil the bartender always took care of us and Marsha behind the adventure desk was very helpful. We even had a chance to meet some of the big wigs: Clive Miller, Hotel manager, Suelin Simpson, Director of Sales & Brian Roper, GM. Everyone is so approachable and friendly!!! Food was great. Definatly try the italian restaurant, Valentinos and Kellys dockside on nights with a good sunset. # beach areas to sit. For quiet, go to the Ochi Beach club, more activity is in the middle and the water spots are on the other end. Almost to many good things to write. We are going back to Jamaica next year. We have been to almost all the Sandals on this wonderful island!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios