Travelled to Sandals Grande Riviera as a group of 12 "The Tartan Clan" March 22-31, our trip didn't start out too well as we had a 3 hour delay in Toronto due to mechanical problems with the aircraft. Once this was all sorted we were off, flying West Jet the flight was fine, breezed through customs and then off to the Sandals lounge, less than 10 minutes later the 12 of us boarded a small bus for the journey to Ocho Rios.
Once we arrived at Sandals we were greeted, registered and then off to our rooms, although it was a little difficult at first trying to seat 12 people for meals things went very smoothly after we contacted Ingrid. The service at all of the restaurants was very good as were the meals. If you go onto the Sandals facebook page you will see the Operations Manager Radu coming out of the water with a tray after serving our group out on the floating raft, now that is customer service.
We golfed 3 times (2 golfed 4 times) with caddies Mark and Yellow, be sure to ask for these two as they are very good caddies. Also if you wish to get to and from the course ahead of the shuttle you can contact Homa the cabby caddie who will get you to and from the course ahead of the shuttle for a very reasonable price.
Special shout out to Natallia who kept us entertained all week, and Brandon who looked after us every morning for breakfast. We also had a blast with Oliver in Miss Ethyl's piano bar.
Overall very good vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Amex, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios