My husband and I stayed a week at the Sandals Grande Riviera Feb 9-16 and overall, it was great. The resort is beautiful, the food is good and the service is great. Besides not getting the room we reserved in the Riviera building (the main building on the beach side) when we got there, we really enjoyed our stay. The Sandals' personnel had decided to upgrade us to a villa on the hillside. After explaining to them that a villa on the hillside did not consist of an upgrade for us (because we wanted to be near the beach), they told us that we would get the room we booked the next day, which we did. This was a bit of a hassle, but we did not have any other problems afterwards.
Here are some of our favorites at this resort:
- Restaurants: the food at China Doll, Neptune's (jerk chicken and coconut shrimps are great) and Bella Napoli was really tasty.
- Bars: the Sundowners bar was by far our favorite - great service, comfy couches and great views
- Special events: the chocolate party was delightful - i had never seen that much chocolate in one place before!
- Drinks: boom-booms, hummingbirds and mango daquiris were yummy.
All in all, I would highly recommand this resort.
Tip: Bring some bug spray as i got quite a few bug bites at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Sandals Ochi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Ochi Beach Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios