This was one of numerous stays at this resort starting in 1996, we have stayed in different level room but I must say the "Manor house Ocean View One Bedroom Suite" is by far the best bang for the buck. Very large, beautifully furnishes, conveniently located and just all around a wonderful room. The concierge service was poor to none existent. The rest of the resort staff made up for the bad concierge so we left feeling good about the room. We would diffidently stay in this room level again knowing that to be happy we would have to expect nothing from the concierge service.
The upgrades to the resort are unbelievable. The resort has gone from a low 4 * to a high 5*. The Private Candle Light Dinner's are wonderful, even second time around. The Soon come Back Dinner was a lot of fun as usual.
Helpful tip, large resort not for everyone, get and use your map. Jitney and shuttle service works good to great.
Lots of fun with something for everyone, what ever you would want the resort will have it, check the daily activities. Great accommodation with so many choices. If you do not like your room ask for a room change. The same with the restaurants so many choices.Our favorite restaurant was The Reef Terrace, but of course this is a personal thing. The pizza's are great for lunch and the two pizza huts are conveniently located.
Leaving and moving on to the Royal in Mobay was hard but we left knowing it will only be a matter of time and we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Situated on over 100 acres of lush hillside gardens overlooking the Caribbean Sea•529 villas, luxury rooms and suites with fantastic mountain and ocean views•94 pools (7 large public pools), 22 whirlpools•16 dining options including room service for butler serviced suites•2 luxurious Red Lane Spas•Complimentary golf at Jamaica’s most elite and popular golf course, the Sandals Golf & Country Club (Transfers to the golf course are included)•Over 5,000 sq. feet of first class meeting and conference facilities•Recently completed US$60 million renovation/refurbishing exercise•Voted Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All-Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row•Voted Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row•Voted Sandals Grande Riviera ‘Jamaica’s Leading Resort’ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Hotel Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach And Villa Golf Resort
- Sandals Ocho Rios
- Ciboney Ocho Rios
- Sandals Grande Riviera Beach & Villa Golf Resort Jamaica/Ocho Rios