“Quiet, Clean and Comfortable!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pineapple Court Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Pineapple Court Hotel to your Saves list
Pineapple Court Hotel
Pineapple Place | W.I., St. Ann, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Formerly Pineapple Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 40 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Maple Shade, New Jersey
“Quiet, Clean and Comfortable!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Pineapple Court Hotel – If you or your family members are looking for a welcoming, off the beaten path small budget friendly hotel, then Pineapple Court in Ocho Rios is the place for you. Ms. Tracey the Manager, Head Concierge Carlene and the staff are happy to greet you and accommodate your every need. Pineapple Court is the type of hotel that caters to the individual traveler or couple that is looking for the freedom to move around locally and is not looking for the all-inclusive atmosphere. Pineapple Court is very clean, has the basic amenities and is willing to accommodate your needs or steer you in the right direction. This hotel caters to the local guests and out of town tourist by offering complimentary continental coffee and breakfast snack upon a morning check in. Safe boxes are located in every room to lock up your valuables. There is a small outside lounge area/swimming pool located in the rear for anyone who may be interested in a cool dip in the pool. Any time I visit Ocho Rios in the future, I plan to re-book at the Pineapple Court. This was my fourth trip to Jamaica and the staff made me feel very welcome!!

Room Tip: A tea kettle in the room would be great!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your comments. I'm happy you had a good time. Thank you also for your recommendation. Slowly but surely we are trying to improve on our product. Therefore the next time you visit you'll be pleased to note that a kettle will be available for you on request. Eventually we hope to have them in all rooms.
Hope to see you soon! Tracey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Passed by the hotel earlier in the week to take a look. Reserved a room with a microwave and fridge. Arrived back a few days later and that room (I assume they have only one room with these amenities) was booked. Was disappointed as we made arrangements to eat in. In any case made the best of it. Decent room, large, not as clean as I would have liked but okay. Good security. Didn't see the pool, but was told it was in working order. Good price and maybe a 20 min walk into town.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Kingston, Saint Andrew, Jamaica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My experience at Pineapple Court is always a great one. I always stay there while in Ochi for business trips or when I just want to get out of Kingston for a night or two. None the less the rooms are always clean, spacious, looks and feels comforting. I'm always happy to get over a long work day and to go home(Pineapple Court) and relax, take a dip in the pool or just watch TV.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The room was clean. We just had a scary moment at dawn. We were the only guests in the hotel that night. About 3a.m. the seccurity heavly knock our door asking me to leave the room because there was something wrong with my car. It was just an open window and he wanted to help me, I know, but the way that he did it really scaried us!!! It's not the safiest hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I regret your distrubance at that time of the morning by our security guard. I will certainly follow up with them on the more appropriate time to alert guests with security concerns
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

(with apologies for the obvious/awful pun, can't help it... and it was)

Anyways, I stayed at the Pineapple for a week in October, and liked it very much... the place is lovely, my room was comfy and clean, and being a little bit out of the way meant it was quiet, too - but certainly close enough to walk anywhere in next to no time.

Manager Tracy Duncan is just as nice - and enormously helpful - and so are her staff. They were friendly and made sure everything was shipshape, answered all sorts of questions, and were generally great people to stay with.

It's also more than reasonably priced... last time I did stay somewhere quite a bit more expensive, but I was just as happy staying at the Pineapple on this trip. I had no problems whatsoever, and would be happy to stay here again or recommend it to others.

Oh, I do have photos... but haven't sorted them out yet... will add later.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

As a solo female travel writer who has reviewed a lot of accommodations, I had no complaints about this one. It's a nice and quiet, small hotel that was secure and clean. It is located a short distance away from the bustling town center of Ocho Rios and it's refreshing to be able to walk out onto the street and shop at your leisure, rather than being encountered by all the vendors of Main Street Ochi.
The rooms rates here are well worth it for a clean and comfortable hotel experience. There are tons of places to shop and dine within walking distance. Beaches are a short distance away in either direction (walk or drive) - Ocho Rios public beach or Reggae beach. Unfortunately Mahogany beach switched to private - this is not the hotel's fault!
Management and staff are awesome and friendly, check-in and check out are smooth. I enjoyed my stay very much and have written a full review on my Jamaica travel site.

Room Tip: I toured a couple of different rooms (kings and doubles) and they're all equipped and priced the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Old Harbour, Saint Catherine, Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wow.. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and somehow thought,maybe they were just fussy Americanized people. Wrong answer...
The reason for the negative reviews is because this hotel does a lot of deceptive advertising.Just to be fair let me start with the positive things about the "Hotel".
The price, At $4,500 Ja/ $50 US the rooms are very inexpensive (You get what you pay for)
The rooms are a nice size and there is no extra cost for double or single beds.
The Air Condition,TV and hot water worked well.
Wi-Fi, was so/so.. But they were upfront about that..

Now here are my issues with the hotel, The pictures that you see on the website and online don't reflect what the hotel looks like as of Nov.2012. I have also read where the management said the pool is working and that they have renovated this "Hotel". Those are both untrue statements. The pool is not open and looks as if it has never been open and the "Hotel" seems to be more of a Guest house in a secluded area. It is not a walk to the beach but more of a drive. The safety deposit box in the room was broke and they have huge cockroaches.There is nothing within reach of this "hotel" if you are looking for a place to just kick back and relax. You can take a taxi into the town and walk to main street and that will cost you $80.JA. There is a pizza shop downstairs but I didn't eat there, they don't even sell juice or soda, However there is a restaurant in the somewhat abandoned plaza in front of the "Hotel" that was good food and you can buy drinks there but after 9pm-10, you will be on your own.
I will say that the hotel was very quiet, as I think my Husband and I were the only ones staying there but I would not recommend this place to anyone and I think any good reviews were written by friends or family of the owners.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I reserved my response on this review for various reasons. I kept searching everywhere, online and otherwise, where I had ever reported that our pool had been ready. I cannot find it anywhere, but I am pleased to announce that our pool is finally ready and I apologize to all of you who were disappointed with the delay. Regarding the hotel renovations please allow me to explain that the building is 30 years old. When we opened last year after the building was locked up for over a year, we changed out all the plumbing, and electrical wiring. We painted all rooms and we are still painting certain public areas. Some of the soft furnishes in most bedrooms have also been upgraded. There is still much left to do and we are committed to constant upgrading. Thank you to all of you who have supported us through this starting up and look forward to welcoming you all again when we are really at the standard we are working towards.

Been to Pineapple Court Hotel? Share your experiences!