“Ok” 3 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Pineapple Court Hotel to your Saves list
and 1 more site!
Pineapple Court Hotel
Pineapple Place | W.I., St. Ann, Ocho Rios, Jamaica (Formerly Pineapple Hotel)   |
Ranked #15 of 39 hotels in Ocho Rios
“Ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The room was clean. We just had a scary moment at dawn. We were the only guests in the hotel that night. About 3a.m. the seccurity heavly knock our door asking me to leave the room because there was something wrong with my car. It was just an open window and he wanted to help me, I know, but the way that he did it really scaried us!!! It's not the safiest hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I regret your distrubance at that time of the morning by our security guard. I will certainly follow up with them on the more appropriate time to alert guests with security concerns

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Edmonton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

(with apologies for the obvious/awful pun, can't help it... and it was)

Anyways, I stayed at the Pineapple for a week in October, and liked it very much... the place is lovely, my room was comfy and clean, and being a little bit out of the way meant it was quiet, too - but certainly close enough to walk anywhere in next to no time.

Manager Tracy Duncan is just as nice - and enormously helpful - and so are her staff. They were friendly and made sure everything was shipshape, answered all sorts of questions, and were generally great people to stay with.

It's also more than reasonably priced... last time I did stay somewhere quite a bit more expensive, but I was just as happy staying at the Pineapple on this trip. I had no problems whatsoever, and would be happy to stay here again or recommend it to others.

Oh, I do have photos... but haven't sorted them out yet... will add later.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Calgary
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

As a solo female travel writer who has reviewed a lot of accommodations, I had no complaints about this one. It's a nice and quiet, small hotel that was secure and clean. It is located a short distance away from the bustling town center of Ocho Rios and it's refreshing to be able to walk out onto the street and shop at your leisure, rather than being encountered by all the vendors of Main Street Ochi.
The rooms rates here are well worth it for a clean and comfortable hotel experience. There are tons of places to shop and dine within walking distance. Beaches are a short distance away in either direction (walk or drive) - Ocho Rios public beach or Reggae beach. Unfortunately Mahogany beach switched to private - this is not the hotel's fault!
Management and staff are awesome and friendly, check-in and check out are smooth. I enjoyed my stay very much and have written a full review on my Jamaica travel site.

Room Tip: I toured a couple of different rooms (kings and doubles) and they're all equipped and priced the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Old Harbour, Saint Catherine, Jamaica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Wow.. I read the reviews on Trip Advisor and somehow thought,maybe they were just fussy Americanized people. Wrong answer...
The reason for the negative reviews is because this hotel does a lot of deceptive advertising.Just to be fair let me start with the positive things about the "Hotel".
The price, At $4,500 Ja/ $50 US the rooms are very inexpensive (You get what you pay for)
The rooms are a nice size and there is no extra cost for double or single beds.
The Air Condition,TV and hot water worked well.
Wi-Fi, was so/so.. But they were upfront about that..

Now here are my issues with the hotel, The pictures that you see on the website and online don't reflect what the hotel looks like as of Nov.2012. I have also read where the management said the pool is working and that they have renovated this "Hotel". Those are both untrue statements. The pool is not open and looks as if it has never been open and the "Hotel" seems to be more of a Guest house in a secluded area. It is not a walk to the beach but more of a drive. The safety deposit box in the room was broke and they have huge cockroaches.There is nothing within reach of this "hotel" if you are looking for a place to just kick back and relax. You can take a taxi into the town and walk to main street and that will cost you $80.JA. There is a pizza shop downstairs but I didn't eat there, they don't even sell juice or soda, However there is a restaurant in the somewhat abandoned plaza in front of the "Hotel" that was good food and you can buy drinks there but after 9pm-10, you will be on your own.
I will say that the hotel was very quiet, as I think my Husband and I were the only ones staying there but I would not recommend this place to anyone and I think any good reviews were written by friends or family of the owners.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I reserved my response on this review for various reasons. I kept searching everywhere, online and otherwise, where I had ever reported that our pool had been ready. I cannot find it anywhere, but I am pleased to announce that our pool is finally ready and I apologize to all of you who were disappointed with the delay. Regarding the hotel renovations please allow me to explain that the building is 30 years old. When we opened last year after the building was locked up for over a year, we changed out all the plumbing, and electrical wiring. We painted all rooms and we are still painting certain public areas. Some of the soft furnishes in most bedrooms have also been upgraded. There is still much left to do and we are committed to constant upgrading. Thank you to all of you who have supported us through this starting up and look forward to welcoming you all again when we are really at the standard we are working towards.
Ottawa, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Checked in on July 31st. Well literally I cried, You need a pair of water boots to cross the Gully leading tot he 6 foot block wall, a pair of hiking boots to get through the forest to get to he beach that we were promised access to... And to make matters worse they have a picture of Mahogany Beach up on their website and if you don’t live in a round Ochio Rios then you are not aware that Mahogany Beach is a private beach and you can only enter the premises if you are a guest at Carib Condominium. The bathroom could not fit your average adult, after one of us showered there was no hot water left for the remaining two adults. You cannot stand in the shower and shave too tiny.. Oh we literally had to ask for toilet paper and no towels for 2 days. Travel with your own... The blanket on the bed that I slept on had blood stain and when I request that they change it, it was not done. We payed $400.00 JMB for a small bar fridge that would not keep anything cold, and when I went down to the bar to ask for ice I was gladly given a 6oz cup and was told that is all I could get. The grounds were not very well maintained. When I left Jamaica on Aug 21st the pool was in the same state as when I arrived. Albeit these are owners from what I gathered were living in the United States, I wonder which part of the United States because you could not have a decrepit place like this and have customer staying there and maintain this low kind of standard even at a bed and breakfast. I would say a Hostel is better and maybe cleaner. And to off is all my friends and I checked out on Sunday August 5th 2012 and the owner refuse to give us back a penny even in good faith even though we were booked to stay untill August 12, 212. So she pocketed 6 days of our hard earned money and am sure she rented the room and that whats I called double dipping. I cautioned anyone don’t be fooled by the professional pictures on this or any other site, because 8 out of 10 times it’s a farce and a bunch of thieves and dishonest people.

Room Tip: Just Don't Stay here
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2012
Please aIlow me to express my sincerest regret for your experience with us. I am so very disappointed to read this report. Especially because I am at the hotel everyday and was totally unaware of your discomfort. When you checked out ahead of schedule I was told by that you had an emergency to take care of back home.

Regarding the beach, I am not aware of any bush you had to go through to get to the beach. Mahogany Beach is just down the Main street from us. There must have been something happening when you went there which I have investigated. Apparently they are having problems with other guests and I had no idea that the guests of Pineapple Court were not allowed access. We send all our guests there and no one has ever told us of a problem. Thank you for this report I will look at other beach options.

I would also like to remind you that we did not directly collect any funds from you. All funds were paid by your local counter part and was paid on location while you were here - Not in advance. WE HAVE NOT COLLECTED ANY FUNDS FOR THE DAYS YOU DID NOT STAY. And if we knew you were so unhappy we certainly would have returned it if we had it.

Just a reminder, we have recently reopened the hotel after a lengthy closure and we are still undergoing renovations. Regrettably it is taking a lot longer than we thought but we hope to be complete with renovations very soon.

Once again, I am very sorry to learn about your experience and I am especially sorry that you felt to need to express you unhappiness in this way rather while you were here. Thanks however for bringing this to our attention, we certainly have a few issues to address as we endeavor to offer clean, comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price.

All the best to you.
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2007

A couple of friends and I decided to experience jamaica outside the resort. The hotels pool was not working. it was an ok stay for the amount paid but i just wish that if they did not have a working pool they could of advsd that before the booking.

• Liked — Large Bedrooms
  • Disliked — NO Working Pool
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Tracey D, Manager at Pineapple Court Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Glad you liked the hotel. Just to inform everyone that Pineapple Hotel is open and currently being renovated. Rooms have been refreshed and the pool should be back in place by July 2012
Milford, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2007

We went on a budget trip ($50-60/night hotels) to Jamaica and stayed in Kingston and Ocho Rios. This was the best hotel we stayed in by far - and we were very surprised at how nice it was for the price. Our room was big, clean, and comfortable, with ice cold A/C and hot, hot water. The reception offered tea, coffee, and ice. They had beautiful foliage and plants all around - and a nice little place for dinner downstairs. It was set just away from the center of town, so it was quiet but close enough to everything to be perfectly convenient. The staff were also very friendly and helpful. We loved our stay at Pineapple and would definitely stay again and recommend it for anyone.

Stayed April 2007

Been to Pineapple Court Hotel? Share your experiences!