“Still Terrific” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Still Terrific”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Just returned to the Jamaica Inn. This time we brought four more family members. My one brother-in-law and sister-in-law were literally dumbfounded. They liked it even more than we do, if possible, and are already planning a trip back. My last review didn't mention the amazing, sweet music combos that play in the evening on the veranda during dinner. My other brother-in-law is a professional musician. He agreed that they were amazing. We danced. We dined. Swam. Sailed. Played croquet. Laughed a lot. VIsited together. Met nice people. Met the owner and the manager....Sweet!

Room Tip: All rooms are fabulous, as far as I can see.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We loved everything about our six days of rest and relaxation at the wonderful and very special Jamaica Inn. The room was just one step away from the beach. It was handsome, comfortably furnished, and quiet. The terrace was sublime. The dinners were varied and well paced. We loved the spa. And we loved the friendly and attentive service. We didn't want to leave. A perfect experience.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I cannot speak highly enough of our experience at Jamaica Inn, If you want to truly get away from it all, want the amenities of a luxury resort and still feel like you are in a boutique hotel, go to Jamaica Inn. The rooms are absolutely lovely, each seem to have both a bedroom and a livingroom terrace with a view of the ocean. The staff are wonderful, and the restaurant (which I plan to review seperately) is excellent. The owner is at the hotel, and greets each of the guests. He is very hospitable and is genuinely concerned with your comfort. The head of guest services, Sherlene, is lovely, and incredibly helpful. My husband and I are generally very adventurous travelers, and don't usually hang out too much at the hotel. This place was difficult to leave each day, in fact, we barely did! The beach and setting are beautiful, one of the best vacations we have ever had,

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Manhattan Beach, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My prayer as we pulled away from this exceptional hotel was that the owner's children want to take over the business. Truly, the Jamaica Inn is in a class by itself. There is nothing corporate about it.

We went here for a few days, not nearly long enough, before joining my family at a private villa. We stayed in a room right on the water so there was always an incredible breeze and the restful sound of waves crashing. Blissfully, there is no TV, but there is great internet if you want to keep up with the world.

It is like stepping back in time. Elegant, understated, gracious--like something Elizabeth Taylor would have loved. You never feel crowded. You always feel welcome; not once did a staff member pass us without a hello or an offer to assist in some way.

Dinner is served at 7:30 and you need "tall pants", not shorts, another holdback from another era which my husband gladly obliged. Appetizers are served at 6:30pm or so and everyone gathers near the bar or on the terrace. You can chose to join in or not. Tea, and a lot of snacks are served at 4, but honestly, I never made it up from the beach. And they have a friendly black lab puppy, Shadow, on site, ready to play with you. Who doesn't miss their dog when you are on vacation?

Among 5 star hotels, I think this is a fabulous value. Superb service, excellent meals, spacious rooms, a great beach. This is a place where you can truly unwind. It is a hike for me to get there from the west coast, but it is well worth the effort. Will definitely return. Thanks to everyone who made our stay so perfect.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I won't add anything new by parsing the wonderful staff, location, food, spa and management of Jamaica inn. However, I will say that the experience staying at this wonderful place was so much more then any review can convey. I'm a very finicky and demanding traveler and I've never had a better experience as I have at Jamaica Inn.

At the end, a perfect vacation is not about a checklist, but about the unquantifiable feeling of piece, relaxation and well-being. Jamaica inn creates an experience that's truly remarkable and unique. I have never been this relaxed on any vacation. Ever. This is due to a number of elements Jamaica Inn gets right, but the most impressive is the genuine and stellar service. I'll say it again - the service culture here is of the highest caliber.

Now, I do want to note one has to realize this not a magical fairytale land (though it often feels like one), it's a real place. As such, it may have few wrinkles. In our case there have been a few minor maintenance issues. What's important, is that any issue you will encounter (which you probably won't) will be resolved immediately with outmost respect and kindness.

I will also say that even though I was prepared for the small scale of the resort, I was a little doubtful we'd be comfortable in a tiny (by american standards) balcony suit when we first arrived. I was also wandering if I am going to get bored in my week long stay. Well, those were unnecessary worries. The balcony room may be on a small side, but it's very well appointed. Once we've unpacked and settled in, we couldn't love it more.

Also, we have not been bored a minute during our stay, once we switch our mode to "island time". And it rained for 4 days straight. The smart architectural detail actually allows you to get from your room to common areas without being exposed to the elements. That's lovely. Also, we found that our balcony was not getting too wet even in the heavy downpour, so we spent a lot of time sitting on the sofa watching the rain and the ocean. Actually, we very much enjoyed having dinner in the privacy of our balcony. To those who care - Wifi was available and worked perfectly.

The truly boutique experience of Jamaica Inn vacation was unlike anything I've ever encountered and we are counting the days to our second trip.

Room Tip: We had a balcony suite on the east side and loved it.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We´ve stayed in Jamainca Inn for a week. It was probably the best week in the past 10 years. Every detail of the hotel is perfect. Entire staff is extremely kind and polite, food is amazing, beach is incredible and we stayed in Cottage 7 which was a superb choice! Spa was fantastic as well!

We had an amazing time during different things (stand up paddle, watching baby turtles going to water, dancing with live music in dinner, having a typical barbecue and relaxing as much as we could at the beach).

It is difficult to find a negative in the hotel. Maybe I would point the dressing code for dinner, it could be a bit more beach/relax style...but that certainly didn´t compromised anything.

We´ve absolutely loved our stay and will certainly come back again in another "escape" from the kids...

Highly recommend it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Cottage 7 is out of this world !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed here with my family last spring in one of the cottages, and it was one of the best beach vacations we've ever taken. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, the beach is pristine and very peaceful and quiet. Every day at about 11 someone would come around the beach with complimentary rum punch, which was an added bonus.
We loved staying in our cottage (I think it was cottage one), which offered direct access to the beach. Because the cottages are set apart from the rest of the hotel, the beach near us was nearly empty, which suited us perfectly. Our cottage also had our own private pool, and every day the staff would put fresh-cut flowers in it which I thought was a nice touch. The air conditioning was also excellent, which was welcome given that Jamaica tends to be very warm.
My only complaint about the hotel was that the spa did not have a locker room, and we had to change into our robes in the bathroom, which was not ideal, but after I saw the view from the spa I really didn't care.
The staff is great, and we even got a complimentary souvenir box with a painting of the hotel on it when we left. When we wanted to visit Dunn's river falls, the hotel managed to get us into the park before it even opened, so we beat the crowds (as it got EXTREMELY crowded, this was a godsend).
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: The cottages are wonderful!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Jamaica Inn? Share your experiences!