“Serenity, Relaxation, and World Class Service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Price
30% off room rate
Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Ocho Rios
Columbia, South Carolina
“Serenity, Relaxation, and World Class Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife and just returned from our honeymoon at the Jamaica Inn. It will be difficult to put into words just how amazing this place is but I will try. We stayed from Oct 12 - Oct 23. Eric Morrow and his family, the management, the restaurant staff, the beach staff, the front desk, the room service staff, housekeeping, I could go on and on, ensured that our stay was absolute perfection. The personal touch at Jamaica Inn is something I had never experienced before at many 5 star hotels or resorts where I have stayed. The staff knew us by name and treated us like royalty the entire time.
We toured the Ocho Rios and surrounding area all of which the Inn arranged for us with their professional private drivers. We got to see many Ocho Rios beaches and the Jamaica Inn's beach is the finest without question. A private beach in a secluded lagoon, it was something out of a movie. All of the beach activities are provided free of charge. The Inn's private boat and captains took us to Dunn's River Falls before the tourist crowds, Laughing Waters, and snorkeling, all privately, no group tourist hassle. Marvin the boat man is the best. We spent most of our time lounging under our private thatched palapa just enjoying the serenity. Like clockwork a free drink at 11, lunched delivered on the beach at 1, and wait staff coming to see if we needed tropical drinks or anything else throughout the day. The beach bar was just a stroll down the beach. The intimate nature of the Inn is amazing. Many times there were just a few other couples on the beach which ensures ultimate peace and quiet. We appreciated the absence of crowds and raucous children.
We stayed in a Premier Verandah Suite just feet from the beach. Amazing breakfasts were delivered for beach front dining. Our suite was absolutely amazing. Housekeeping ensured it was immaculate. A four post king bed was luxurious. We spent most of our time either on the beach or on the veranda/living room directly on the beach. The veranda is enormous so you want to spend your time there when not on the beach.
The restaurant was amazing. So many staff were always attentive. Chef Maurice ensures your dining experience is superb. This brings me to the food. Everything is fresh, prepared to order, and served with amazing presentation. Even the room service is prepared for you as if you were in a full service restaurant complete with table cloths. I have never encountered so many staff ready to attend to your every need in a happy personal manner. The grounds are always immaculate.
My wife had a massage at the beach side spa which she said was amazing.
The Jamaica Inn has been in existence for over 50 years. They have perfected what they do without question. And that is excellence. We hated departing. The departure to Montego Bay was arranged by the Inn again with a private car. The owner Eric provided us with a departure gift which we will treasure. Speaking of which Eric meet us each morning and treated us like guests in his home. We are already making plans for a return trip to the Jamaica Inn for our one year anniversary. I hope this review helps anyone coming to Jamaica. I could go on and on because there is so much more but I think you get the picture. After having stayed at the Jamaica Inn we will not stay anywhere else. James and Melissa Hensley.

Room Tip: The Premier Veranda Suite is amazing. Directly on the beach. We will stay in one next year.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
Rome, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Simply put, this was the most relaxing holiday I have had in a long time. Everything about Jamaica Inn is subdued in the best sort of way. Most of the rooms don't have televisions, the pace is slow, the beach is quiet and the atmosphere is beyond relaxing. The service is really amazing, the staff is friendly and warm and exceptionally attentive. I could not have had a better time there. If you are looking for a party atmosphere this is not it BUT I have never stayed anywhere where the other guests were as friendly and convivial as the guests at Jamaica Inn were - we made quite a few vacation friends but if we had wanted to be left alone that would have been fine too! The spa is really nice and the restaurant is also very tasty. There is really no reason to leave the property, bring a book, order a drink and kick back, you deserve it.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just got back from a 4 night stay at the Jamaica Inn and we are so glad we listened to the TripAdvisor reviews - it was amazing. Let me break it down for you:

- The Beach: picturesque, private, soft white sand, warm clear water, free watersports, plenty of chairs with shade, and no more than 50 feet from any room. One of the best beaches we have been on.

- The Rooms: we stayed in #7 - that moment when you first see your room and hope it is like what the reviews said and the pictures showed...exceeded our expectations. Half the room is a nice big king bed, nice bathroom, and a closet. The other half is a verandah that is covered overhead but otherwise opens directly out onto the rest of the property and the beach is in the distance (50 feet away). This is not the most luxuriously appointed hotel room I have ever seen (not the intention) but it is one of the best we have stayed in - eating breakfast on the verandah each morning was so relaxing.

The Food: I do agree with some other reviews that the food is a bit overpriced, but it is tasty and the service at dinner is excellent (if not a bit over the top). The dinner menu changes daily and covers a wide variety of foods and tastes. (I would like to see the dessert menu change more often though).

Service: Just great - from the wait staff to the ground crew to the front desk to the beach crew - all greet you with a smile on their face asking how they can make your stay more enjoyable.

If you want total relaxation this is the place for you, if you are looking for a crazy party, should probalby look elsewhere on the island.

Believe the hype - we will be back.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Quite the most perfect hotel. LOVE IT. Beautiful stylish rooms and hotel decor. Quite superb service and equisite food. Beach, sand trees and surroundings gorgeous. Beach bar a great place to meet and relax.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I came to Jamaica Inn for Sienna's yoga retreat and had a stellar experience. I expected a nice beach location and great yoga and was blown away by how lovely the Inn was and the stunning level of care and service. The remarkable people at Jamaica Inn truly make it a place I to which I will frequently return.

Having a pristine private beach, ample space, and use of paddleboards was an amazing treat in the time in between sessions. The chef's delicious healthy options (I am a dairy-free pescatarian) and delectable local dishes were even more indulgently appreciated when delivered right to my palapa.

I opted to do 3 trips: a tropical garden with a refreshing waterfall, the local market & a cooking demo & the most beautiful: watching sea turtles hatch and return to the sea. Magical! I love that Jamaica Inn is supporting local ecological efforts!

My last morning I had a nourishing repechage facial and it was AMAZING. After all the tension was massaged out of my hands, neck, and scalp, I left my week feeling completely cared for and refreshed. Another bonus? My skin still looked amazing 12 hours of travel later!

This quiet, classic, gem is the perfect place to be completely cared for and enjoy a deliciously indulgent and revitalizing vacation. Thank you for creating a magical experience!

• Stayed September 2014
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I spent our honeymoon at the Jamaica Inn 15 years ago. We just returned for our anniversary and, if anything, it is even better now. There is no place on earth I'd rather be than the White Suite. I'm coming back.

Room Tip: The West Wing has rooms right on the ocean.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently attend Jamaica Inn's first yoga retreat and have nothing but the highest praise for Jamaica Inn and it's staff. We were treated like queens with delicious meals, attentive service, comfortable beds in a tranquil room and a glorious beach just steps away.

Loved the yoga retreat with Sienna Creasy, it was a beautiful, life-changing experience that has ignited a passion for yoga, this was my first retreat and I can't wait for the next time.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
JamaicaInn, General Manager at Jamaica Inn, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear cper455444,

Thank you for your kind words and more importantly for joining us for your and our first Yoga Retreat. It was great meeting you and please believe when I say it was our absolute pleasure having you here. The retreat experience surpassed all of our expectations as it was such an incredible week in so many ways. We are so pleased to have shared it with you and thrilled that you had such an amazing, life changing time. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back for our next and take the opportunity to thank everyone who participated.
Thank you again for your review as we really do appreciate yours and all of the wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor that we have been receiving from our guests.

Most sincerely,

Kyle Mais

Been to Jamaica Inn? Share your experiences!