“Wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 40 Hotels in Ocho Rios
New York City, New York
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

I visited the Jamaica Inn with my son and daughter-in-law over Christmas. It was a lovely experience for each of us. The pictures on the site are nice but the property is even prettier than they portray.

The hotel and beach are wonderfully clean and attractive. The staff from top to bottom is attentive and helpful - and - someone certainly knows how to cook!

There were activities for when we wanted something different (fishing, dolphins, plantation tour, glass bottom boat ride, snorkeling) either on the grounds or nearby.

The ocean was the best swimming I have ever had. Clear water, sandy bottom, rolling waves.

I hope you get there. And treat yourself to a spa session on the rocks above the surf.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (237)
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have stayed at many high end resorts/hotels throughout the Caribbean, but the Jamaica Inn stands alone. The setting, the people, the food were all exemplary. (our 17 year old daughter is a picky eater and they would prepare a meal just of her (whether or not anything like it was on the night's menu).

It may not be for everyone, especially if you want active night life or multitudes of options for activities; if that is what you want, then you should try one of the 600 room resorts on the way to Ocho Rios. Also, it is not for kids, although our 20 and 17 year olds really enjoyed it.The Inn has excellent food, a wonderful beach, an incredible staff and a relaxed attitude that is almost incomparable. (As an example, no need to get to the beach at 7 am to get a lounge chair. The first morning we were there, Christopher, one of the beach attendants, came up and asked how long we would be there and where we would like to be. Each morning, four lounge chairs were set up for us.) It is not cheap, but you are paying for the service.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. Depending on your budget, you can choose to be right on the beach or 75 yards...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Meet Mary Phillips,general manager, and you immediately know why this place gets rave reviews. From the beach staff through the executive chef the service is terrific. The food was always good but now it is great. The grounds are magnificent as well as the beaches. It is not a place where you would bring children. Why waste time searching out other island resorts when hopefully you can get a reservation at the Jamaica Inn. One minor complaint is that the gym needs upgrading and apparently that is in the 2013 plans. If you are fortunate enough to vacation here, don't forget to book the spa...it mirror images the hotel...fantastic!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Jamaica Inn. The resort is beautiful and puts one into a relaxing state of mind. The staff is phenomenal, everybody works hard to make sure that you are enjoying your stay. My only issue, albeit slight, is that the wifi connection was shaky. Some days it worked, some days it didn't. Although, it was probably a good thing that the wifi didn't work all the time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I visited the resort with a group of friends in an informal spiritual retreat. The visit refreshed my soul and the snorkeling opened a whole new world for me. I spent six days there. I also very much enjoyed private Yoga classes and the spa.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Cornelius, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Good as it gets in Jamaica! That was my experience during my stay at Jamaica Inn. The staff takes care of all details, insuring a pleasurable visit to this side of the island. Rooms are immaculate with open air bedrooms on the ocean. No need to leave the premises for meals; all meals were and the menu was different each day.
Can't say enough about the quality!

Room Tip: Take the boat trip to the falls!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My sister and I stayed at Jamaica Inn in November, it is the most perfect place for a calm, peaceful, restful vacation. We loved the private beach, the amazing staff and attention to detail over all of our requests. Mary, the hotel manager checked on us the day after we arrived to make sure we were happy with everything. When I told her as vegetarians we didn't find too many options on the menu, she informed me she too was a vegetarian and would be happy to speak to the chef and prepare veggie choices for us. We wanted to try cuisine in different restaurants and didn't have the opportunity to take her up on her offer.
There is one note of caution for people traveling to Jamaica, the medical service available there is not the best, you may have medical insurance but that will not get you great medical service. My sister had a medical emergency and I was appalled at the medical care she received. The only saving grace was, Mary Phillips, Sherlene, Kingston, the amazing housekeeping staff and Andrew the driver who ferried us back to the hotel from the hospital.
Everyone at Jamaica Inn treated us as if we were family, all of my needs were attended to while I took care of my sister. Had it not been for Mary taking care of all the details I don't know how I would have managed. She sent away for medication I needed as well as ordering Indian food for my sister from a restaurant in Ohco Rios. She went above and beyond the call of duty!
I am so grateful for Mary and her exemplary staff, thank you for taking such good care of us!

Room Tip: We stayed in room #43 it's right on the beach, just perfect! Rooms are small, but then, you spen...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Jamaica Inn? Share your experiences!