“First night dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Temecula CA
“First night dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went there the first night in Ocho Rios in a rain storm. The food was very good and the service equaled the food, we were not dissappointed in the least.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Darmstadt, Germany
“Pricey! Won't be back again!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We were recommended Spring gardens by our resort as one of the best seafood places in town. To be honest, the location was below average as it was literally on the main road/parking lot! The outdoor seating area was dimly lit that you could hardly read the menu. When we asked for indoor instead, we were led to a tight narrow passage with randomly placed tables, one of which was directly behind the toilet door! The food was not that great and was overpriced for what it was. We ordered lobster with shrimp and red snapper. The snapper was supposed to be a fillet but instead was full of bones which made it even more difficult to eat in the poor lighting of the restaurant!! The staff looked like they just wanted to get the day over and done with.
We ended up spending around 70US$ and wished we could've gone to burger king instead as we were still hungry by the end of it!
I honestly wouldn't go back, there are plenty of other restaurants with better food and service to visit!!

Visited August 2013
Hamilton, Bermuda
“Good Fish Dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

I've never been a big fan of this restaurant though I have eaten there a few times. This time however, I ordered the roast snapper stuffed with vegetables. Clearly this is what I should have been ordering all along! My friend, a Jamaican, also enjoyed his fish, which is telling. The atmosphere is smart casual without pretending to be romantic. No, it's not the least expensive place, but you're in a resort town. It comes with the territory. The next time I go back, it won't be my last choice, as in the past.

Visited August 2013
Boston
“Expensive.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Maybe it's that I come from Boston where we have seafood-a-plenty, but I found this place to be very expensive. $40 US for a seafood plate consisting of a lobster tail, handful of small shrimp, and a small fish fillet? I sat there looking at my seafood "snack" like someone had just stole $25 from my wallet. To be fair, the seafood was fresh, prepared well, but I just had a hard time swallowing the price.

Visited July 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Perfection!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Our local friend took my wife and I here for a fine seafood dinner. I had the lobster and shrimp and my wife had the snapper. This was absolutely the most delicious meal we had in Jamaica. Everything was fresh and the service was polite and fast. We sat in the patio which was surrounded by plants and very romantic. I highly recommend this restaurant for anyone traveling in Ocho Rios.

• Visited July 2013