“Beautiful!” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Canyons, Bodies of Water, Trails
Activities: Driving
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Scenic drive through a three-mile-long canyon, shaded by trees and ferns.
Saint-Lazare, Quebec, Canada
7 attraction reviews
“Beautiful!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Fern Gully is the road that goes through the rain forest in Ocho Rios. And it's a must-see! It's gorgeous. Thick and lush, with a ton of old-growth trees, ferns, and brush. Green as far as the eye can see. We did Fern Gulley on both stays in Ocho Rios, and both times we used the services of local taxi/tour operator Bertram Brown. He's a great tour guide, very experienced and very knowledgeable about Ocho Rios, and most of Jamaica. We never felt unsafe riding with him, regardless of what kind of an area we were passing through. Very reasonable prices. His contact number is 829-7174. This is not an ad for him, but genuine appreciation for his services!

Crawfordville, Florida, United States
20 attraction reviews
“Scary traveling”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

The road up the mountain was one and a half lanes wide. Very steep and curvy. It was terrifying to me to have to pull off the road to allow on coming traffic to pass, but I trust the drivers, after all they do that every day. You can literally touch passing vehicles. On the negative side, there were people with vending booths built into the mountain, nothing more than a couple of boards and fabric or tarps, very sad way to make a living. Locals get right in front of our drivers van for us to stop to sell you stuff. We would tell them no but they don't take no for an answer. I had a woman get in the van with me because I told her I didn't have time to get my hair braided. How could I say no then, she said it would be three dollars and when she was done it was $15. $3 per braid. When we was downtown I about had a melt down, I could not get the locals off me, I was literally being tugged at, I screamed for them to get the Hel... Off me. I will NEVER go back. Photos coming soon traveled march 2010. FYI. The driver strongly warned us not to get out of his sight for a second. He actually escorted us to lunch. And one more thing. Fern Gulley Mtn is where the movie, forgot the name dang it. The movie where there was a Jamaican bib sledding team training for the Olympics. They filmed them going down that hill. Can you say scary and brave actors lol

Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 attraction reviews
“Cool & Beautiful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Fern gully construction is almost complete with the drainage system along side of the road. It was a nice drive and very cool, although the road is still thin at some points, you do need to be careful driving there. A nice 3 mile drive

Boynton Beach, FL
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful and free”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

If you are going to Dunns River Falls, you might as well drive through this beautiful scenic route of lush foliage and shade. I would have loved to walk through it instead of drive.

St. John's, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Drive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I would of loved to have had to chance to walk in the forest! It was so beautiful, green and lush. There was little stalls for tourist to pull over and buy the local crafts. I was told that these crafts are cheaper than in the market. The roads are narrow and curvy which made me a little squeamish, but I was in safe hands with our driver.