“Great experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 25 attractions in Ocho Rios
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: A must on the list of places to explore and activities to enjoy in Jamaica, the eco-friendly Mystic Mountain, 2010 Tourism Excellence award-winner for Ocho Rios attractions, is an unforgettable rainforest adventure for everyone in your family. A trip to Mystic Mountain in Ocho Rios, St Ann, could take you towering as much as 700 feet above the rainforest above the picturesque shoreline, affording you a captivating bird's-eye view of the town, cruise-ship pier and turquoise waters as far away as St Mary. If you prefer, you could choose to zip line among the trees or bobsled down the mountain meandering in-between shrubs and trees.The rainforest tour, which is spread over 100 acres of lush lands and rated among the best experiences to have in Jamaica, provides you with an up-close glimpse and thrilling experience in a Jamaican rainforest near the beach. Plus, it gives you the chance to explore your adventurous side on one of four activities, including the SkyExplorer, the Bobsled Ride, the Canopy Zip Line and the unique Mystic Waterslide.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Strawberry Plains, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This was a very enjoyable trip for my 13 year old son and I. The lift to the top is nothing more than a glorified ski lift, but the views on the way up are spectacular. The restaurant was good and the view of the bay below in Ocho Rios was breathtaking. The bobsled ride wa
s a lot of fun (be sure to hold on to your hat). If you are a little more timid, you can control the speed of your bobsled although it is a blast to just let it go wide open. Leave time for the pool and slide. My son had a blast on this and to be able to hang over the edge of an infinity pool looking over the view of the mountain made it worth it. There are 5 zips on the zip lines. I had seen more lines at zip line places before, but they were fun and worth it. On the top of the mountain is. An interesting little museum which is worth spending a few minutes at. I would have given 5 stars for the attraction, but it is a little pricey so I dinged it one star for overall value.

Visited May 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

booked this through the hotel which was very expensive. I only went to go up the gondola and back down. This cost $60.00 but once I got there the price to go up the gondola was $20 and I am sure the taxi ride there and back would not have added up to $40

Alamogordo, New Mexico
4 attraction reviews
“Charming and Fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Even the teens loved the chair lift ride through the dense rainforest and the thrilling ride on the bobsled. The music and the dancers were so much fun too. They got my daughter to dance with them - quite the entertaining show. The view from the top was just spectacular too. I would highly recommend this fun and charming attraction.

Indianapolis, IN
4 attraction reviews
“Lots of Fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I chose to forgo the zipline and just did the bobsled. We arrived around 10:00am and felt like the only people there. I think most of the other guests were ziplining. We had no wait to get on the bobsled and enjoyed our ride. Upon return to the top, we were told about the picture we could buy but the salespeople weren't pushy about it when we declined. Don't miss the observation tower. While it was pretty windy up there, the view of Ocho Rios was spectacular. My husband decided we needed to ride the bobsled a few more times so we purchased additional rides. We had lunch at the restaurant and it was decent, not great. It would have been nice if there had been some additional trails through the forest instead of just the short hummingbird path. We'd recommend this trip to others. The ride up the mountain on the chair lift alone was worth the price of admission.

Sherbrooke
15 attraction reviews
“Mystic Mountain”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Well what can I say, for the cost it's OK. This was not done with HOTEL reservation, was done using Local Bus to get there and back so we had all the time int he world to play in the pool and take pics but the RIDE itself is no more than 1:42 minutes. Tree excusrion is cool but costy. All in all was OK but like I said we took all the time in the world, were not rushed and not many people when we went