“Ocho Rios Private Tour - "The only way to go!!!!!"” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Knowjamaicatours, we are the best transportation provider/tourguide throughout the entire Jamaica, there are others around no doubt, but if you really want the best where you are guaranteed value for your dollar don't hesitate to look us up.Yah Mon we operate from all resorts throughout jamaica and from all cruise ship ports..
Cross Plains, Tennessee
“Ocho Rios Private Tour - "The only way to go!!!!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We had a group of 12. Marva met us at the Ocho Rios cruise port and our adventure began. Some of us wanted to do Mystic Mountain / Bobsled and others wanted to go to Dunn's River Falls. Marva dropped us at Mystic Mountain first to beat the crowd (we were among the first few people to show up) NO LINES!!! Whoohooo!! She then took the others to the falls. She stayed with the folks at the falls. After they were done, she came back, picked us up and we were off to eat jerk chicken!!!! Food was excellent and there was even live music. Next we left it in her hands to show us around. As others have said before, she is passionate about Jamaica and it shows. I'm not going to go into details so readers can experience it first hand. You WON'T be disappointed!!!! Ok, maybe a snip-it. One stop involved a gorgeous view and a Red Stripe :) .... To finish off the day, Marva took us do a little shopping then it was back to the ship. If we visit Jamaica again, I will definitely give Marva a call!!!!

Visited May 2014
knowjamaicatours, Owner at KnowJamaica Tours, responded to this review, November 23, 2014
Knowjamaicatours & its staff would like to thank you for taking the time out in going back & sharing with the entire tripadvisor community and the world your views on our services.
It is highly appreciated & we are very thankful as Billions of viewers will read your honest words of Knowjamaicatours.
Thanks a million & may god bless you loads…

Altoona, Iowa
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

I highly recommend KnowJamaica Tours. I booked a custom tour for my family of 4 and Javia met us at the pier when we got off the Carnival Glory on May 13. We wanted to visit Dunns River Falls and the Blue Hole and maybe some other sightseeing. Javia was friendly, informative, and knowledgeable. We felt completely safe the entire time and left our valuables in the van when we visited the sites. Know that you have to pay admission to your destinations on top of the tour fee but being able to do whatever you want on your own schedule makes it well worthwhile. No feeling of being herded around like on a large tour. I think the van could have held 20+ people so if we were traveling with a larger group like we sometimes do, I'd even more highly recommend using them. I felt a little guilty taking up Javia's entire day just for the 4 us but he was great and happy to accommodate anything we wanted. 5 stars.

Visited May 2014
Thanks a million & may god bless you loads…
Louisiana
4 attraction reviews
“Enjoying beautiful Jamaica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

Once again we had the opportunity to use KnowJamaica tours while we were in Montego Bay, Jamaica. A last minute email to Marva Shaw and a quick response presented us with a very knowledgeable and friendly tour guide (Avril). He was very prompt to pick us up at the cruise dock and accommodating with our requests. We had no particular plans, but Avril made our day pleasant and fun-filled.

I look forward to my next visit to Jamaica and my next tour with KnowJamaica.com

Visited May 2014
knowjamaicatours, Owner at KnowJamaica Tours, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you much for taking the time out to review our services, it is highly appreciated & i know several travelers will find your review useful as it is Legit & factual..
Thanks Much & please come back to have a Irie time with us...
Ocala, Florida
“Falmouth Trelawny Tours”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

On May 8, 2014, at approximately 3:00pm, I was looking for an excursion to Dunns River Falls for when we pulled into Falmouth Jamaica on our 7 day Disney Cruise. I looked at the prices for The Disney Cruise Line Dunn's River Falls Express with lunch excursion, and it would cost $81 each, for me, my mom, and the twins to go on the excursion with the ship. It would be free for my 5 year old cousin. The total amount would have been $324 for all five of us to go. I checked out Trip Advisor and Ms. Marva Shaw was considered someone people who had experienced excursions in Jamaica could trust. I booked on her website because the tour consisted of the trip to Dunn's River Falls, entrance into the park, and lunch, for $45 a person. I paid $225, because her price was $99 cheaper than the same excursion on the ship. After paying for the excursion, I received a thank you email from the KnowJamaica Tours Team. Attached was a receipt with a barcode, which consisted of the address, Falmouth Trelawny Tours, under Tour, the departure date, which was 5/14/2014, and the price of the excursion, which was $225. The departure time, additional information, the agent, and Terms & Conditions were all blank. I tried to send an email asking for the specifics, but the email address read no reply. When me and my family got to port, the tour guide for another company read the email that I had received and informed me that it should have a Jamaican phone number listed where I could call, but it did not. While the unknown guide was inquiring about my excursion, I saw the bus that was on the brochure. I walked to the bus while a group of Koreans were boarding and told the tour guide that I was supposed to be going on his tour. He asked me if I was Shawanda Murry, I said yes, and he told me to go get my family. When I came back with my family, he took my documents, introduced himself as our tour guide, and gave us all a handshake. Approximately 5 minutes later, a man came up to me with my name written on his hand, and asked me if I was Shawanda. I said yes. He told me and my family to follow him. While we were headed to the mans vehicle, the tour guide that shook our hands was taking pictures of the man's taxi where we were told to get into. When we started out, the taxi driver gave me his phone and told me that Ms. Marva Shaw wanted to speak to me. When I got on the phone Ms. Shaw told me that I did not sound happy, and assured me that from that moment on, there wouldn't be anymore problems. The van was raggedy, he could only drive 5 miles per hour, and the van was jerking violently due to the fact that the shift was broken. When we finally got to the park, the lady at the desk told me that it would cost us $93 to get into the park. I told her that the $225 I paid was supposed to take care of the entrance fee to the park. The taxi driver told me that Ms. Shaw wanted to talk to me on his phone. When I got on the phone, Ms. Shaw told me that there was a misunderstanding. She told me that the $225 was just for taxi fare to Dunns River Falls. I told her that I would not have booked with her, because after I paid the entrance to the park, I might as well have booked with the cruise ship. She told me to pay the admittance fee, and that we would talk about the price later. I told her that I wanted to take my family back to the ship. I said that I did not trust getting back to the ship on time due to the poor condition of the taxi that we traveled there in, and I definitely did not trust her company. The clerk at Dunns River Falls informed me that they were prepared to let us into the park, but that Ms. Shaw told them that I did not pay for that part of her tour. The taxi driver drove us back to the ship. I went to the information desk in port, and the guy at the desk gave me Ms. Shaw's phone number, but when I called several times, she would not answer. I also tried to go on the website where I booked the excursion, and at that time, it would not come up.

Visited May 2014
First we must begin to say thank you for Choosing our services in the first place & also thanks for your review.
We want you to know that we are sorry you did not get the day you wanted as we always try our best to meet our clients needs as all the reviews written about Knowjamaicatours.
There is no way we try to cheat our clients of their Moneys, we can understand if you weren't comfortably with the van that we sent out to your services, for this we must apologize for that part of the services as we are always trying our best to have the best vehicles for our clients.
I must also address the situation about your $225.
Knowjamaicatours would never try to cheat someone of their cash $225 c'mon we are a poor country but not desperate to be working and trying to build for years and then try to destroy our self for only US$225 , please we are asking you to take a look again @ our website and read the description of the tour listed which is the tour you paid for and it says nothing about knowjamaica paying for admissions to any attractions visited by you the client.
Please take a look @ the specific tour you booked and you will see what it says, so while you lash out on knowjamaicatours we would appreciate it if you took a look @ what you actually purchased as it is outlined for what you pay and what it actually includes.
We even offered to take some of the expense @ Dunn's River as apart of damage control even though there was no damage done on our part, you declined, so basically for you we were to go at a lost, that would be bad for us...
We provide a professional service, so to cheat you is not in our regime, thank you again, & please review the tours description it is all there and you will see what your $225 was for...

Falmouth Trelawny Private tour listed on our website.
Price: 1 – 4 persons US$200 round trip
For 5 or more persons it will be US$45p.p.
This will be round trip to the specified areas and the attractions chosen and back to the ship.

All our vehicles are air-conditioned.
Ten or more persons the leader of the group goes free
Spingfield, VA
8 attraction reviews
“REAL Jamaican TOUR!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

oh.. where should I start... when we booked the trip via email, we didn't expect to get this much out of it. Javia picked us up 15 minutes early with this comfortable, private 4 door sedan. We were supposed to do Dunn's falls only, but after few minutes, he said he could show us real Jamaica.. WHEEE.

We did so many things so let me list one by one..

1. We went to the " discovery bay" to take pictures and saw how Columbus landed there first.
2. He stopped by at this place and bought us " Jamaican breakfast" oh my.. it was really interesting and good!
3. Dunns falls
4. This is where fun began... He took us all of his " secret spots" for pictures.. we wanted fresh seafood and jerk chicken.. he took us to few local spots that had amazing food and soooo cheap ( jerk chicken, juici patties!!!! and fresh seafood). Whenever we went, he made sure we were having a good time and really experiencing " true Jamaican" feel instead of touristy stuff.
5. He even explained lots of interesting plants, tress, etc. That moving grass was soo cool!!
6. He took us to Ocho Rios for nice beach ( we stayed in Montego Bay)
7. He knew this gas station that sells locally made desserts. He pointed out " RUM CAKE" to buy as a souvenir. It was on point. I hate giving key chains, etc as a souvenir that people will never use.

After hours and hours of FUN tour, it had to end because we had a dinner reservation ( boo). I felt like I really experienced real Jamaica and fell in love with Jamaica. We will definitely come back and see you then Javia!!!

From Three Asian J's :)

Visited May 2014
Girls. this is Javia responding Direct, it was my pleasure being your guide & knowjamaicatours Honor being you host, so i want to thank you for adding the review & to let you know how highly appreciated it is..
I am looking forward to hosting you sometime again in the future and have each individual add a review 1Love...
Thanks again...