“Healthy Way is the Way to Go” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Village Plaza, Main St, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
974 9229
Improve this listing
Boston, Massachusetts
“Healthy Way is the Way to Go”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

My review is admittedly long overdue but I ate at Healthy Way about twice per day while I was in Ocho Rios in July of 2014. I almost didn't even attempt to find this restaurant because it was (and still is as of today) listed as closed on Tripadvisor. I'm not sure why it is listed as closed but Healthy Way was very much open for business and quite busy during my stay in Ochi. It seemed to be patronized primarily by locals who were regulars.

The food, natural juices and healthy desserts were absolutely delicious. Their menu appeals to vegetarians, vegans as well as anyone simply looking for healthy but very tasty Jamaican dining options. They also sell health and wellness books, noni, moringa and aloe vera products. The great customer service and very reasonable prices made my Healthy Way experience even better. On average, I spent less than $25 USD on a full breakfast and lunch for two. I will definitely pay them a visit (and hope they are still open) the next time I am in Ochi.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Canada
“A healthy and tasty choice in Ocho Rios”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2015 via mobile

Sometimes you want to eat something that is really bad for you, and sometimes you want to eat something really good for you. This is the good. It is also a nice quiet retreat in the middle of Ocho Rios. The place is located in a mall that is accessible via the beach ir road. If you star at Rooms take the beach way but bring your room card to get back on the beach!there are multiple vegetarian options that do change. We had the pumpkin soup and the vegetarian lasagne. I can say that it might be the best veggie lasagne I have ever had. Soup was lovely as well. Good less sugary drink options as well. Our server was super nice and informative about all the organic and local products available for purchase as well. Prices were very reasonable running us about 6 bucks each including non alcoholic drink.

• Visited January 2015
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“The Healthy way is very mush open for business. The correct address is: Shop 54, Ocean Village Shopping Center, Main St.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2014

This is a strict lacto-vegetarian restaurant.The only vegetarian restaurant on Main St. Ocho Rios. Both breakfast and lunch are served up until 5 P.m.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Charming health food shop / café”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2014

Great spot for a healthy, filling, fairly priced vegetarian breakfast or lunch. The dishes are simple yet satisfying. I eat here a couple times a week and absolutely love their vegan lasagna and vegan cheeseburger!

Visited October 2014
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“delicious!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

Went here several times for breakfast and lunch. It is right next to the supermarket. I had plantain porridge 1 day and hominy porridge another. Steamed cabbage with green banana, yam and dumplin, sweet me!!!! Tofu lunches or dinners were fabulous. Highly recommend. Also check into moringa seeds and noni. Available there at a reasonable price. Breakfast and lunch is cheap! I wish I knew how to post pictures cos your mouth would water.... :)

Visited April 2014