“blah” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Dessert
Kingston, Jamaica
“blah”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

not a very good athmosphere the food was somewhat ok the view was teribble wasnt what i was expecting

Visited October 2012

47% Recommend
Montreal, Canada
“What A View”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our Chukka guide stopped here for us to get lunch on our way to Dunns River Falls.
What a pleasant surprise! I'm not a drinker, so i asked our guide as we walked in if there was a place i could "smoke" before i ate. She pointed to the stairs leading to the roof terrace area. As I leaned against the railing I could see for miles and miles out into the Caribbean sea, seeing the Cool Running's catamaran tour and all the little ants snorkeling out near a reef. Felt like i was on top of the world! The water is so crystal clear I could see the sea floor and all its textures and ridges, blues and greens! "No sharks spotted!" lol
After my "smoke" i was ready to eat! As I sat down I realized that the view our table was just as incredible as the one on the roof! There wasn't much on the menu, and everything is slightly to moderately overpriced. I mentioned to the waitress that i found the Curry Goat was rather pricey, and asked if its possible to have the portion size increased? (hey we're in Jamaica everything is negotiable right?) She politely said she would talk to her boss, and returned a few moments later with a smile and a "No problem man".
I would say the food was good no more no less, but the view, atmosphere and the accommodating service are what makes me say its a MUST SEE in Ocho Rios!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Milwaukee,WI
“Go for a drink to enjoy the view, but do yoursekf a favor and skip the meal!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

This was the only bad part of a wonderful trip to ocho rios. I wad convinced ( and after reading some reviews im sure) this place must have a local menu..and a tourist menu. I had the lobster..which was 34$ us, and came with not good french fries, my husband had jerk shrimp (19$) which were extremly tiny and had maybe 7 shrimp. Rum and pineapple 7$. There were 4 of us, and our bill had a 25$ tax on a 130$ bill! I did not experience a tax like that anywhere else on the island. And they only take cash. All said and done we spent 170$ on lunch for four, with only 1 cocktail a piece and the food was tiny portions and less than average! Definately the worst meal we had in jamaica. It was very disappointing as it otherwise was a wonderful day. Our taxi driver recommended it, but later admitted he had never eaten there.
I will say the view was AMAZING! probably the best ive ever had at any restaraunt. It would be a wonderful place to go enjoy a beer at the sunset!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, GA
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Our tour guide at the Bob Marley tour reccomended this place, and it was great! Breathtaking view overlooking the ocean and fresh, delicous seafood!

Visited January 2013
Rimbo, Stockholms Län, Sweden
“"great view"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We spend a day at the mahogany beach so we took the the stairs from the water up to this restaurant for a great lunch with a wonderful view!

Visited December 2012