“Very good food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 78 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Cuisines: Italian, Jamaican, Pasta, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
Texas City, Texas
“Very good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food is very good and a wonderful owner. My husband and I visited the restaurant twice while on vacation.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you, Ann, for your so nice review.
I am glad you liked Evita's so much to visit us more than once, during your vacation and I am looking forward to you coming back to Jamaica and, Evita’s, again, soon…

88% Recommend
Texarkana, Texas
“Wonderful Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Great view, looking down on Ocho Rios. Food was excellent. I particularly enjoyed the jerk spaghetti. Eva, the owner, came out to greet us personally and she was absolutely delightful. We visited the restaurant twice during out week long stay in Ocho Rios.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Thank you Kevin, for your great review.
I hope you return to Jamaica again, and I can then surprise you with another great 'Jam-Italian' creation…
Northern New England
“Wonderful food and view!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We went to Evita's early for dinner on our last trip to Ocho Rios based on Fodor's recommendation. We were not disappointed. We were there on a weeknight, early, so the restaurant was fairly empty when we arrived (one other couple at the bar). By the time we left there were other couples and a family having dinner. We were seated on the deck overlooking the city and harbor ... a very pretty atmosphere. Our server was very attentive and friendly, and Evita herself came out and greeted everyone throughout the meal. The food was both fun and delicious. We ordered red wine by the glass (the cab and the pinot noir) along with bruschetta to start. The bruschetta was delicious (love tomatoes in Jamaica!); the wine good and quite drinkable. For an entree, I had the cheese tortellini alfredo with callaloo and jerk seasoning - this was amazing! I loved the rich sauce with the native greens and the spice of the jerk. Who knew Italian and Jamaican food blended so well together? My husband had the bolognese sauce with scotch bonnet seasoning - he said it was awesome (I don't recall the exact name of his dish). We were also served delicious garlic and buttery bread through the meal. We then had espresso with a lime twist and shared a serving of tiramisu .... Evita had told us it is a unique interpretation of the famous desert, based on what is available locally. We were not disappointed! Rum infused cake with whipped sour cream filling tasted so much better than how it sounds as I write this! We left a couple of hours later very satisfied; this was our best meal this trip to Jamaica and we highly recommend giving Evita's a try!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank you Sarah, for your so nice and detailed, review.
I am really happy your expectations were met and that you enjoyed my ‘fun’ Jam-Italian fusion dishes.
The sauce of the Tirami Su ‘A la Eva’, as I could not find Mascarpone in Jamaica, when I first put this on the Menu, is a combination of Zabaglione, Whipping Cream and Cream Cheese and, as you pointed out, instead of the Italian Wafers, I use cake soaked in Coffee w/ Rum & Brown Sugar AND then, for the extra ‘pick me up’, I add a shot of Tia Maria! Everybody loves this version better than the usual with a lot of ‘Mamma Mia’ exclamations!
London, United Kingdom
“Imaginative Italian meets Jamaican cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

Charismatic lady owner food extremely good setting superb if u sit on the balcony overlooking ocho rios and twinkling lights at night

Visited May 2013
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Thank you, Helena, for your so nice review and compliment!
Yes, I did use my imagination to add Jam-Italian fusion dishes to the traditional Northern Italian Menu and it has proven to be a success: VERY WELL received by both, my Jamaican clientele and visitors to Jamaica, alike.
Kinston, North Carolina
“Fabulous Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We went to the restaurant for dinner on our last evening in Ocho Rios and fell in love...with the food, the surroundings, the atmosphere, the service! The food was absolutely delicious from the appetizer to the dessert. We ordered the Fountain of Youth for dessert and it is to die for! We sat on the balcony and gazed out over the city lights. It was a fantastic experience! To top it off, the owner stops at every table to talk for a few minutes with each of her guests!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Thank you so much, for your fabulous review.
I am really happy you enjoyed Evita’s food, ambiance, view and service!
Yes, also, my stopping by every table helps to see that everything goes well and, if there should be any ‘hiccup’ I can take care of it before patrons leave the restaurant…