“We enjoyed our meal!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 84 Restaurants in Ocho Rios
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian, Fusion, Pasta, Jamaican
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set in an authentic 1860 Gingerbread House, overlooking Ocho Rios, Evita's opened in 1989 and has established a reputation for great service, ambiance, decor, view and excellent Italian and Jam-Italian 'fun' creations. All food is cooked to order. Celebrities keep frequenting Evita's as they really enjoy it's romantic atmosphere and, also appreciate, 'value for money'....Occasionally there is live entertainment, usually, a 'guest star' appearance.
Woodbridge, New Jersey
“We enjoyed our meal!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

The food was so terrible at our resort we tried Evitas and were very happy. My sons ordered two meals each. The pasta was perfectly done.

Visited November 2012
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Thank you Nancy, for your ‘heartwarming’ review.
I call it ‘heartwarming’ because as a Mom (and Grandma) my biggest joy has always been seeing the children really enjoy their food, to the last morsel…in this case, the pleasure is double ...!
Ciao, Eva

“Wonderful way to spend a Jamaican night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

We had some of Evita's special dishes, each of which were very good. It was a great break from our all inclusive resort. The ambience was beautiful, with a great view overlooking Ocho Rios. We would recommend this at least one night while you're in town.

Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Thank you, Greg, for your wonderful review and, recommendation!
Yes, Evita’s is a really nice ‘escape’ from the all inclusive hotels as it can give each patron, that special personal attention which makes the vacation, even more enjoyable.
Houston, Texas, United States
“Best Italian food I ever had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We went to Jamaica for my best friends Mom's 50th birthday and she chose this restaurant for her birthday dinner. She had been there before and loved it. I loved it too! My best friend and I shared an appetizer of grilled calamari...the best calamari I've ever hard. It was nice and tender with a really good flavor. We also shared their Fettuccine Alfredo with fish, scallops, and shrimp. Simply divine. It was the best dinner I had the whole week I was in Jamaica. Eva, the owner, visited our table twice to make sure we enjoyed our dinner, which added a very welcoming vibe to my visit. Whenever I'm in Jamaica, I'l make sure I have dinner at Evita's.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Thank you, Ashlie, for your great review.
I am glad we were able to make you best friend’s Mom, 50th Birthday, an enjoyable experience again … and … win you over too!
See you, again, hopefully soon.
Miami
“Real authentic Italiana in Jamaica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

A must do experience for all visitors to Ocho Rios. Wonderful Italian food (sometimes wirh a Jamaican twist)and gracious hosting by the lovely Eva!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Grazie, carissima!
And I hope to see you, soon, again in Jamaica.
Ciao!
Eva
Flub
“Excellent mix italian - jamaican food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had a few days in Ocho Rios so we went there for dinner. The View was very nice ( overlooking ocho rios ) and the restaurant looks lovely.
The menue is a pleasure to read. Some classic italian stuff but much more interesting is that stuff which is "pimped" jamaican style.
We both enjoyed italian - jamaican Pasta and the calamari. It was truely a pleasure!
The price is right for the quality (we payed about 60$ for two pasta, calamari, 2 glasses of whine). Evita's definetely a spot you should visit when you are in Ocho Rios.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Evitas, Owner at Evita's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your so nice review and I am really glad you enjoyed Evita’s ‘Jam-Italian’ creations!
They are really a HIT with my Jamaican patrons and tourist alike as, both, appreciate the combination of something familiar with the ‘adventure’ of tastes of another country!
Also, Evita’s prides itself in delivering good food at affordable prices and I am glad you appreciated this too.
Hope you will make it Evita’s, soon, again....