“Had A Great Experience” 4 of 5 stars

17 DaCosta Drive, Ocho Rios, Jamaica
(876) 974-8888
Improve this listing
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Ocho Rios, Jamaica
“Had A Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

Attended a church function (50th Anniversary) catered on property October 31 . Banqueting staff was very helpful and accommodative. Function was well executed. Food excellent and reasonably priced. All service staff were helpful. Atmosphere and ambience was good.

We had a wonderful time. Thank you Ruins.

London Catford
“Sandra's 50th Birthday Bash”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

Ih my name is Beverley Peterkin, I am from London UK, I went to the Ruins, Sept 08 to a 50th birthday party and had a really GREAT time, the ambiance, was wonderful. Has you enter the restaurant you feel like you are in paradise, too the right of the restaurant you have large glass windows which look out on the most beautiful waterfall I have ever seen, this created a really magically and siren atmosphere.
You also have the option to dine outside were you can see the fall’s in full view, which is just as wonderful.

The food was really tasty and well presented; the staff could not do enough for you.
I have been visiting Jamaica for many years and have eaten in several restaurants, and I can truly say this is one of the best places I have had the pleasure of dining at.
I would recommend that if you are staying in Ocho Rios you put The Ruins at the Fall’s on the top of your list of places to see/eat at ,an absolute must.

London
“Great Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2008

I recently attended a 50th Birthday Celebration at the Ruins at the Falls and had a great experience so quite confused as to why such negative reviews! The Ruins is an amazing place for celebrations , the falls are the perfect back drop to any special occasion. We had a private room which was catered and enjoyed a three course meal. The food was good quality and the staff were great.
Do not be put off by bad reviews, make your own mind up and visit this amazing place in Ocho Rios.

St. Vincent
“Dining by the Waterfalls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2008

This is an absolutely breathtaking venue. But what makes it speacial are the friendly persons you will meet. They offer customer service with a difference. I attended a wedding there and when they did not have something, a Manager called Nikki accompanied me to get some additional flowers and it was no bother at all. I left the venue one evening and when we came back it the morning, it was totally transformed.

Can't wait to go back.

Donnetta
St. Vincent

georgia
“What a Sad Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2008

I hasten to caution people who are planning their wedding at Ruins at the Falls to consider booking somewhere else.I had the pleasure of being the best man at a wedding at the Ruins earlier and the experience was marred by the absolutely horrendous service received by my friend and his bride.I find it disgusting that this place is being allowed to function as it is.I hope that everyone who sees this review search through Trip advisor and the internet to look at the other reviews to see that this place is a wrong choice for any special day,the food okay...the cleanliness beyond poor and the management has no concept of service and customer relations,the operations manager and general manager are always away and never their to do their jobs or decline to speak with patrons who have complaints,if you have any plans to go their to do anything but look at the waterfall dont,someone needs to buy that place and restore it to it's former glory,right now it is Just in RUINS.