“March 2014 Field Trips” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #14 of 99 Activities in Montego Bay
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Barrett Adventures is a company with more than 20 years of experience in showing our guests the real Jamaica. We specialize in doing excursions that either are done in ways to maximize your enjoyment of familiar attractions by doing them at times when we don't have to share them with the crowds, or offering tours to places that are truly 'Off the beaten path.'Our drivers are unsurpassed in their knowledge of our culture and our history. You will never find one of us at a loss for words when you ask a question.
Milton, Massachusetts
“March 2014 Field Trips”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

The highest praises for Carolyn Barrett and the two-day field trip she took me on three weeks ago today on my first vacation to Jamaica. On that Monday we went to Accompong, the Maroon Village in the hills of Western Jamaica, and the Appleton Estate Rum Distillery, and on that Tuesday we drove to Kingston/Spanish Town/Port Anthony, about a 2 1/2 drive from where I was staying near Whitehouse on the southern coast. As Carolyn skillfully drove along the pot-holed roads and narrow lanes, she told stories about this country and people that she loves and respects so much. Her knowledge of Jamaica's history and landscape is encyclopedic, but expressed in the most delightful way, never a lecture, but inviting the listener into an understanding of this country, both as it is today and in its history. One of my requests was to see ghettos of Kingston, to see that side of life, and we drove through one of the major markets in Old Kingston, etc, very safely, i want to add. After these two days, Jamaica became for me more than a place to escape the Boston winter. I was and am fascinated. i will return to Jamaica next year for some new adventures with Carolyn.

Center Moriches, New York
“Amazing Time at Secret Falls/Superb Tour Guide!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

-Booked this tour outside of the usual Royal Caribbean cruise line experience to get away from the masses for my family (husband & 8 year old daughter) & I on March 18th. We had the most amazing time on our adventure. Of particular note, I wanted to let you know how incredible Loxley was as our guide. In addition to being versed in all things Jamaica, he knew everyone and everything by the way, he was an absolute pleasure to talk to. Loxley was funny, informative, polite, genuine and treated my daughter like gold. We would also like to commend Omar who was our guide at the secret falls which was amazing!! He was very attentive and responsible around caring for our daughter as we climbed the falls, cliffs, etc often holding her by the hand. When visiting Jamaica booked your tours with Barrett Adventure you will not be disappointed. We have been singing their praises and recommending the tour ever since we returned.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Superb tour guide”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have booked the airport transfers Montego Bay - Negril - Montego Bay and a day trip to Spanish Town, Port Royal and Kingston with Barrett Adventures for me and my family. The transfers were done impeccably - drivers were professional and courteous, vehicles comfortable, rides smooth and timely. Day trip to Spanish Town, Port Royal and Kingston from Negril was long and tiring. The roads were pretty bad. However, our driver and guide, Mrs. Carolyn Barrett, was delightful and made this trip as easy and enjoyable as possible. She is exceptionally knowledgeable about her adopted country. She knows the history, the culture and the Jamaican people in depth. Mrs. Barrett is also a superb driver. She is familiar with local roads, short cuts and places off the beaten path. It almost seemed as if she knew personally every single pothole and bump along the way. In a kind, friendly, unobtrusive manner, she entertained us for 14 hours on this tour with stories about Jamaica and her own life experiences. This was a private tour in every sense. She took us to places we were interested in, made frequent stops for photo ops, found us a perfect lunch place to our liking and easily adjusted to all our demands. I am an avid traveler, I have been to around 130-140 countries around the world and I have a lot of experiences with tour guides and drivers from all continents - Mrs. Barrett is by far one of the best I have ever encountered.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“A Great Time at Secret Falls & Tubing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My family (husband & 2 teens) & I went to Jamaica on a cruise and decided to do the Secret Falls/Tubing Tour with Barrett Adventures. So glad we did. We had an excellent time! Loxley was our driver and he was very friendly and pleasant to talk to. Told us so much about the area as we drove along. The falls are so beautiful and the turquoise water is wonderful. We had so much fun jumping & rope swinging off the rocks. The guide at the falls was very helpful and he took some great pictures for us with our camera and they also had someone taking photos of us with their camera - which we purchased after because they were so good. There are no crowds of people here - it was only us at first then maybe 4 other people showed up after a while. Felt like you had the place to our selves. We never felt rushed and enjoyed about an hour here. Then we took a very short drive to the tubing area and again it was only the 4 of us with a guide - who was also great. Very relaxing tubing ride (about 45 minute ride). Water was moving but nothing crazy like rapids. A nice enjoyable tubing ride. We had lunch at Scotchies that Loxley recommended for their jerk chicken - it was excellent! A great place to sit outside and enjoy lunch. We got back to the ship about an hour before we needed to board so we had time to do a little shopping. The whole experience was wonderful and I would definitely do it again the next time we are in Jamaica. My daughter (17) and son (14) both said this was the best part of the cruise and I would have to agree with them. When I booked the trip months before and had questions I always received a quick response back from Carolyn via email. They do care about their customers and want to be sure that you have a pleasant experience.

Visited February 2014
Melville, New York
“Another great tour with Carolyn Barrett”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was my family's second trip with Barrett Adventures to the Secret Falls and River Tubing on a cruise shore excursion. We had a group of 20 with us including parents and teens. The kids especially loved jumping from the cliffs and waterfalls into the blue-green water. Carolyn is an amazing woman with so much knowledge of Jamaica. Her tours allow you to see the real beauty of the country and the people. We always felt safe in her care.

Visited February 2014