“Glad I went” 3 of 5 stars

$25*
and up
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Chukka Jamaica Montego Bay - a full range of tours for families, couples and friends. Experience the best we have to offer at one of our exclusive locations including Sandy Bay, Montpelier and YS Falls. Try the original horseback ride and swim or our ATV Buggy, jeep safari, zipline, river tubing, kayaking, catamaran sailing and more. Transportation to and from all major hotels and piers. Chukka offers the best of Jamaica, Belize, Grand Turk and Dominican Republic.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Churchton, Maryland
26 attraction reviews
“Glad I went”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We did the horseback riding tour here. It starts out with a trail ride through the forest, which was delightful;. Then you change saddles, put on a flotation device and swim with the horses in the ocean. I'll never forget it. I've never seen it as an option anywhere else. Check it out!

Visited July 2013

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
“My Dream Ocean Ride”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

This one of those adventures I had always wanted to have in the Caribbean, since I am an avid horseback rider ( I have two horses of my own). I had never been able to go on my other trips, for different reasons, so I took advantage of my solo trip to Jamaica and went riding. I ended up at Chukka's due their affiliation with SunWing and the free shuttle with the trop ( cabs are pricey down there!). I am usually a little critical of the horses I see at places like this. but Chukka's was not bad at all. The horses were kept in a shaded area, with plenty of water, and while not plump like my guys at home are, they were healthy, and well taken care of. Most of the staff were pleasant enough, but one of our guides was actually a little rude. Thankfully he was at the opposite end of the ride from me, so I did not have to deal with him a whole lot.

The ride goes through some beautiful terrain. I was with 8 other people from different resorts, and we were the first ride of the day. While beautiful, the land ride was SLOW... all walking....I was hoping to have a little more adventure. The swim part of the ride, I wanted to do again and again. It was INCREDIBLE. I ended up on "Hershey", who loved the water and was all to happy to canter around in the water on the shoals. It really was the ocean ride of my dreams. I don;t normally post me, but I have included a couple of the photos taken with my GoPro on the ride, and one of the souvenir photos I purchased.

Do yourself a favour, if you want to ride. Ride Chukka's!

Visited March 2013
Crestwood, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
“Horseback ride and swim in Sandy Bay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Sooooooooooooo much fun!!! We had a blast!!! Our guide was awesome!!! He showed us everything and told us the history of the plantation. He gave us raw sugar cane to try, it tasted like sweet corn. We saw the people that live on the hill training horses for the polo team. My husband's horse started "talking" to the polo horses and they were having a conversation it was so cool. The swim on horseback was the coolest thing. Definitely will do this again.

Visited June 2013
Toronto, Canada
11 attraction reviews
“loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We absolutely loved this. If your not an experienced rider you might not enjoy the bareback ride through the water. Our guide was nice and took pictures of us with our camera. Swimming in ocean was beautiful. This was one of the highlights of our trip.

Visited August 2012
Washington Township, New Jersey
“Don't Waste Your Money!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Let me start by saying I originally wanted to sign up for the Catamaran/Dunn's River Climb. I called as soon as I got to Montego Bay, and was given a "tentative" date and a representative from Chukka was supposed to call my hotel room to confirm. No one ever called, and I had to spend money to make a local call to the company, and was then told "there are not enough people from Montego Bay going to the tour so we can't pick you up." I tried to set up another day, but every day I gave, I was told the same thing! It's interesting to note that the other people in my hotel who used JTL had NO PROBLEM getting transportation out of Montego Bay and all did the same tour offered by that company. I wish I would have used that company instead.
To make matters worse, I signed up for the Chukka Tubing Adventure at Good Hope. Paid $65 a person. I was told it was a 45 minute ride, and that we'd be back to our hotel by 1pm. Turns out, it took 2 HOURS to even get to the destination (after picking up a bunch of people from other hotels) and they took us to an entirely DIFFERENT location (the River Tubing at Montpelier). Once we finally got there, the staff made us wait ANOTHER 30 minutes, because they wanted to take as many people tubing at once, so they didn't have to repeat the tour again. The river tubing was such a disappointment. The river didn't even flow, they tied all of the tubes together with people you don't even know, and the tour guide had to pull us all with his kayak. I've had more of an adventure floating on a raft in my pool! To make matters worse, once we finished the river tour, they made us wait another 45 minutes for the other groups to finish their zip-lining tour. Needless to say, I was not back at my hotel by 1pm as promised. It was a pointless day, and I wish I would have never used this company and I will never use their services again.

Visited July 2013
ChukkaVibes, Manager at Chukka Caribbean Adventures, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience. We sincerely apologize for the challenges that you experienced on the day of your tour. We take your complaint to be extremely important and have subsequently moved to implement fixes that should ensure that a repeat is negated. At Chukka we strive to not only meet but exceed our guest’s expectations. While we never like to hear we fell short we are always appreciative of the feedback as this allows us to continually improve our service. We hope to have you again with us at Chukka, so we can show you our usual high standard. Chukka continues to be the best excursion operator in the Caribbean primarily because of feedback from you our valued client.