“Absolutely Beautiful B&B!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Polkerris Bed and Breakfast

You added Polkerris Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
Polkerris Bed and Breakfast
3.5 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   13 Corniche Road, Montego Bay JMCJS, Jamaica   |
Special Offer
Book Direct for Best Rate
Ranked #1 of 39 Montego Bay B&B and Inns
Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Absolutely Beautiful B&B!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

Polkerris offers clean rooms, which are surprisingly spacious, given the reasonable cost. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and well manicured, and they pay great attention to security...you will feel very safe staying here. They offer different types of breakfast....from toast to banana pancakes to authentic Jamaican breakfast, such as ackee and codfish with Johnny cakes. I would encourage you to try their delicious Jamaican breakfast. The owners Jeremy and Clarissa are very friendly and helpful, and they do their best to make your stay an enjoyable one. If staying in Montego Bay, and you're looking for reasonable accommodations but don't want to sacrifice quality, I would highly recommend staying at the Polkerris.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
wherever the wind blows
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 3 days just after xmas last year and we were blown away by the genuine friendly service that we received from Clarissa, Jeremy and the other members of staff. Our good experiences started long before our arrival to Polkerris with the flurry of emails back and forth ensuring that we got rooms without too many stairs for my grandfather. You sure don't get this level of devotion at the anonymous hotel chains - so thank you Jeremy & Peter.

We really enjoyed the freshly made lemonade on arrival, eating breakfast feasting on the most glorious of views and scrumptious food, personal recommendations for attractions off the tourist track or meeting like-minded travellers and having a jolly good banter. It really is like staying in your own private villa but without the washing up!

Although we also stayed at a large "luxury" resort prior to arriving at chez Jeremy & Clarissa, without a shadow of a doubt all five of us (aged 29 - 89) preferred our stay at Polkerris. However, as a self-confessed bathroom snob my only recommendation would be to update the bathrooms over time as they are a little dated - but very clean and they do the job. Just me being picky really.

So..... if you crave relaxing private haven AND want to "nam til your belly buss" Polkerris is the place for you. Book it you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We were so surprised when we drove up to this Bed and Breakfast...it looked like a small palace!
It was clean, the rooms were so lovely. Everything was updated too.
The owners Clarissa and Jeremy were especially friendly.
There to greet you and ask if you needed anything.
The pool was amazing, had a shallow part and a deep part too.
Our room was on the main level (only two rooms are that level) Four other rooms were on the lower level.Right outside our room was the pool.
The view from the balcony over looks the bay.And let's not forget the two beautiful cats. They never bother you but an added layer of experience for us.
This property is breathtaking and beautful. From the veranda you have the most amazing view of Montego Bay The breakfast is so delicious . We were served a delicious breakfast on the balcony. They ask you if you want a Jamaican or American breakfast, your choice.
The grounds and the pool is very nice with a beautiful waterfall. Lots of flowers all over this property. Their attention to detail in everything from the food, to the grounds, to the rooms, and even the security of the property only proves they take pride to their guests in ensuring they have a wonderful stay in Jamaica.
We are going back next year and can't wait to see them again.

Room Tip: We loved the rooms on the pool level more than the other ones. Just more convienent. A total of 6...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Allentown, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Polkerris is pretty spectacular. It is on a mountainside in Montego Bay (or Mo Bay, as some call it) but is only a short walk from the hip strip (the main drag of shops). The owners showed us a safe short cut through their other property. The view from the balcony over looks the bay. The waters are so inviting. I could see a cruise ship docked in the distance, but I was far luckier to be able to spend some actual time in Montego. We were served a delicious breakfast on the balcony. The fruit was very fresh. My room was quaint and the bed was much more plush than I expected. Two cute cats wander the place, and they seem perfectly domestic. The pool was a great sanctuary at the end of the day. It even came complete with a waterfall. The hotel helped us arrange a driver to get around. He was fantastic.

My one wish was that the owners had given me a little more direction on where I should visit and eat at in Montego Bay. They asked what I wanted to see, but I didn't really know what to say. I hadn't been to Jamaica before, after all. They could have easily left some sort of informational sheet in the room when I checked in.

Polkerris was a great B&B. I am sure it is among the finest that Jamaica has to offer. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Plantation, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Polkerris for 6 nights this month. Words can't describe how beautiful this place is. It felt like home away from home. From the minute we got off the plane and checked through customs we met the driver Devon. Devon was very professional and to sum it up amazing. Amazing, amazing, and amazing is the word for Polkerris itself and the owners, Jeremy and Clarissa. From the moment you enter the beautiful property you are made to feel at home and like family. This property is very breathtaking and beautful. From the veranda you have the most amazing view of Montego Bay (you also see the cruise ships coming in). The breakfast is so delicious hands down that's the best Jamaican breakfast I every had : ) I can't forget about Clovis and Martha they are just wonderful.

Also if you can visit the The Peilcan great food and atomsphere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

My sister and I stayed at the Polkerris for four nights in April. I don’t even know where to begin describing how beautiful this place is. The view from the veranda must me one of the most beautiful in Montego Bay. Even from our room on the first floor you could see the ocean while lying in bed. The grounds and the rooms are immaculate and the pool is very nice with a beautiful waterfall providing the perfect background noise for relaxation. Even on a very rainy day, I found the veranda to be extremely relaxing and just watched the rain storm over the Bay. The two cats Baby and Muzzy are friendly and nice company and are no trouble at all, usually either sleeping or just waiting for the owners to come home.

The breakfasts served on the veranda every morning were great! Every night the owner would ask us what we would like for breakfast the next morning. We always had a choice between a traditional Jamaican breakfast or something more Canadian/American such as bacon & eggs. No matter what we chose the food was always plentiful and delicious. The owners of the Polkerris also own the Pelican Restaurant which is only a few minutes walk from the inn and offers a wonderful sit down dining experience with some of the best food in Montego Bay. If you do not wish to venture down to the restaurant you can arrange to have dinner sent up to the inn and eat there.

Last but definitely not least, the owners. Words can not express how kind and accommodating Clarissa and Jeremy are. Even from the beginning dealing with their son Peter during the reservation process was a pleasure. Having been to Jamaica several times, as that is where my family is from, I can honestly say that Clarissa and Jeremy are the most gracious and sweetest people I’ve met in Jamaica. Their attention to detail in everything from the food, to the grounds, to the rooms, and even the security of the property only proves their dedication to their guests in ensuring they have a wonderful stay in Jamaica. I will defiantly return to the Polkerris as soon as possible!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

This was our fist time visiting Jamaica; I just stayed for 2 days with my 2 son's. The owners of the Polkerris Jeremy and Clarissa are amazing wonderful and kind people! From the moment you get there they don’t know what to do to make you feel at home. We felt like we were staying with FAMILY! Weird since is people we had never seen before...The place is super clean in and out, when we walked into the room the first thing I said was WOW WHAT IS THIS WONDERFUL SMELL! The view from the property is indescribable, between the land escaping that just looks like a beautiful garden and the open view of the blue sea...It is right in the middle of everything, walking distance to the beach, stores and restaurants...Clarissa arrange for their kind and professional driver Devon to take us for a full day of adventure and my son's and I had the best time ever! It is also just a few minutes from the airport. I will go back to Polkerris next time we visit Jamaica and me and my two boys are very grateful to all of them for their kindness!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Polkerris Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!