Overall we enjoyed our trip because we were able to relax and swim. The water was great, however finding an available pair of the hotel's snorkeling equipment was hit-and-miss, bring your own. The water was definitely the best part about the place. It was like swimming in an aquarium, that was wonderful. Saw a stingray one evening from the pier.
Our room was fine - clean and functional, we paid extra for the ocean view - very worth it, just wish we hadn't been next to the outdoor stage. The buffet food was fine, we did the grill for lunch each day because three buffets a day is a bit much, breakfast became repetitive but dinner usually had a pleasant surprise. The fresh fruit, omlettes, goat curry, desserts, juices, tuna fish pasta, and Greek themed meals were our favorites. Staff was professional but friendliness was not high on the list. If you want to be pampered, this probably isn't the place for you. The bartenders often gave us the impression that they'd rather not make the drinks they had listed - we didn't even try to ask for something not on the menu board! Tipping often and regularly (although technically not required) didn't even help. Although we found a few notable individuals (three total) whose attitudes were consistently welcoming and understood customer service, that was not the norm. Our biggest complaint, after the grumpy employees, was the loudness of all music - fun crew, shows, etc. apparently the only setting is loud! It is very close to the airport - 5 min - and we enjoyed watching the planes come in - we thought that would be bothersome but it was actually fun. If you need a break and want something affordable and don't need 5-star, you will probably enjoy yourself. If you want glam and 5-star, probably not.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Tingo, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive