Listen, the Royal Decameron is by no means a 5 star in the traditional sense of the word, but when my boyfriend and I travelled there in December 2013, I had read the reviews on here and thought, oh no, my boyfriend is not gonna like it. But he did. In fact he loved it and so did I.
It is a resort, so the all-inclusive includes entertainment, some people have said that it was too loud, but you are on vacation!! You shouldn't have to get up in the am for anything! The service was awesome, with or without tipping. I think the staff understands that not everybody carries cash in their swimming trunks or suit, and we made sure to take care of everyone on the last day of our trip.
The beach on the other side of the beach grill was where we spent most of our time (except for the hip strip). We went the week before Christmas so maybe that is why it was never packed, but no matter to us because we were able to get a seat and move around in and out of the sun when we got too hot without disrupting other guests. It was perfect!! (Although we did have a local who kept pulling out his junk, but the property security immediately got him away without us having to tell them, it made me feel instantly safe!!)
The food is local, which is why they are able to offer the stay at such a great rate. I didn't expect too much based on the reviews, so maybe that is why I was pleasantly surprised, but I must have lost 15 pounds from that trip from eating such healthy fruits and veggies (and walking the stairs). And I drank my weight in alcoholic beverages every day (if not twice a day)! The coffee was amazing, and I am definitely picky about my am coffee…although one suggestion I might have is to put coffee pots in the rooms, I am a raging crank when I first wake up until I have my coffee, and my boyfriend takes forever to get up in the am, making my plight that much harder!
Will we return? Absolutely, and in fact the boyfriend wanted to go back this december but I successfully convinced him to check out other Caribbean islands before we come back! But after we see the rest of the Caribbean, we will be back to Jamaica and the Royal Decameron. I feel sad about those who have had a bad experience here, ours was golden!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive