Check in was great , we were greeted by a lovely smiley lady called Trisha. We were given room 318 which was beautiful very clean and had a fabulous view! No issues at all with the room for all of our two week stay. Views were just gorgeous from lobby dining room bars etc . Everywhere really clean and well maintained. ALL staff work long hours and very hard. We found almost all staff were very friendly I can only think of 3 which had a bad attitude and we just avoided them. Beach areas are small but pretty ,there are so many choices of places to sit in the sun either round pools or beach. Plenty of sun beds. Food here we actually loved. The catering staff put in so much effort with choices and presentation. Beef Wellington was one of my favourites the beef here was very good. Lots of chicken with rice pastas etc and the desserts were gorgeous ! Can't praise the food enough. You certainly won't go hungry here ! Bar staff were mostly great . Particularly the stage bar at night. They would serve you efficiently but also dance and sing . Ring a large bell and bang bottles up and down to the music ! A show all by themselves ! ! The pool bar was great fun in the day Andrew and Ellishia make gorgeous cocktails ! Entertainment staff were excellent . Always great fun full of energy and enthusiasm despite working very long hours . We just loved Sprinkles Peppa Chocolate and Dominic ( donkey) . They dance amazingly and we enjoyed all the shows for the whole 2 weeks. Such a friendly bunch. We walked the hip strip a few times and visited local craft market . Never felt un safe ! We went to the pork pit (lovely jerk chicken + pork ) casino , couple of bars. Locals will approach you but they just like to know where you are from and they want you to spend money in their shops or use their taxi . Very friendly people overall. I would not walk the strip too late at night but that's just me. I would not walk around oxford city centre late at night either ! The hotel put on a shuttle bus to go to Margaritaville after the show each night . Lovely bar with good music but Pricey ! You have to go just for the experience !
If I had to find a negative with this hotel it would be no free wi fi . We paid $5 for 1 hour four times so $20 dollars for our whole stay,they offer 24hours for $20 so that would have been our best option. You can use the wifi whenever you like you do not have to use your allowance all at once so 24 hours should last your whole stay. If you go to the coffee shop just across the road in the Donway complex you can get free wi fi which will extend to the front of the hotel lobby. Somedays you couldn't log on though and somedays it was brilliant.
Overall this hotel was everything and more for our 14 night holiday and we are already booking to go back in May !
Miss everyone at the royal Decameron thankyou and see you all again soon!
Any questions you might have please just ask
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Groupon, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive