This was my fifth trip to RDMB. Like many other reviewers, RDMB has become a home away from home. I truly love it here. This trip, I travelled with a friend to celebrate our birthdays. For myself, June is far too hot - I probably wouldn't travel this time of year again.
As always, the hotel was very clean. We even saw the groundskeepers sifting the sand! We had a bit of an issue with the room assignment on arrival - we received a king room but the promised cot never arrived. We moved the next day to a double room in Sunset. The vanity area outside the washroom in the Sunset building is excellent for ladies travelling together - a big mirror and room to do your makeup!
The food was good as always. Lots of selection to appeal to all tastes. The one comment this time is that I found some of the food items (especially in the back "Jamaican" section) to be lacking signage. This might be a concern for anyone with food allergies.
Between my last trip in February and this one, all of the staff now wear red and white all the time. Entertainment used to have some flexibility - all green, all blue, and different costumes at night. Even the waitstaff used to have different variations. Now, it is quite obvious who is staff - but it is harder to distinguish bartenders from waiters from entertainment etc.
I had two wonderful massages! I think it was $60 an hour. The massage therapist can be booked directly, or at the gift shop. Unfortunately, it's not well advertised so she often doesn't have a client. Unfortunately, as she is quite good.
This resort is a gem - can't wait to get back and see my "family" again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive