I booked this beach resort as a free transfer from their sister hotel in RunAway bay.
It is close to the airport; you can see air planes landing. But I did not experience a noise problem,
The resort is on the beach and is quite compact. The hotel is old but kept clean. There was 2 rooms being redecorated next to ours; so at least, they are trying to keep it smart.
There are plenty of shops (& 1 flee market) selling virtually the same stuff on the main road outside. Be prepared to be harassed by touts and asked if you want some "smoke" (not the legal stuff!). There are a lot of tourist wardens in colonial uniform along Gloucester Road; not sure what their role is.
Our room was clean and had a great view of the bay from the terrace. The air conditioning works, the bed was comfortable and the large screen TV has a great choice of news, sport and movie channels. There is a safe but the lock is charged at $2/day.
The food was a pleasant surprise. It is varied, loads of choice and goes from average to very good.
There is entertainment every day by the main bar. A small gym and of course the beach with a few free water sports.
The drinks are virtually all local produced. The red wine comes in (milk) carton (they try not to show you that) but is drinkable.
The WIFI costs an incredible $5 for 1 hour or $20 for 24 hours (which expires after 7 days). So you need to remember to turn off your wireless!
The weather is fantastic, the sea blue/clear (great for snorkeling), the beach clean, the people/staff are very friendly, the food is good, ...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive