This resort is really quite lovely. The lobby area is wide open and the tropical breeze is wonderful. The rooms need some updating but I'm not the kind of traveler to stay in my room very much so this wasn't an issue for us. The beach areas are small but very nice and I really liked that even the areas without an actual beach (more of a bulkhead) had ladders so you could enter the water virtually anywhere. The swimming areas have small reefs with lots of tropical fish, anemone, and a few stingrays to spy on while you're snorkeling.
The staff are so friendly I thought they were trying to get me to buy something for the first few days we were there. They are just very kind, accommodating, inquisitive, and upbeat. The concierge and tours employees could have been a bit more knowledgeable.
It's hard to let anything get to you in such a beautiful setting, but the food at this all-inclusive was just not very good. The bread selection and quality was great but everything else was pretty much cafeteria food. The liquor wasn't watered down as it is at some other all-inclusives we've been to, so that was nice.
Another (very small) issue I had was that they'd only rent the snorkeling gear for 1 hour. I wasn't even close to being done when my hour was up so I decided to just buy my own mask and avoid the hassle of returning the resort's gear. If you have a mask/snorkeling gear I'd recommend bringing it. The snorkeling is really great at this resort!
If you're a light sleeper, PLEASE listen to other reviewers and stay on the “quiet side” of the resort (furthest from the pool and dining areas). The pool is pumping very loud dance music all day and the stage shows are fun but VERY LOUD. We could sleep through the apocalypse but if you’re a normal human being, good luck.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive