The hotel was excellent, although I realise I am not really a all inclusive resort type of person. The room wa enormous, the view stunning and the staff courteous and helpful. The Buffett food was good, but I stayed for 7 days so did get a bit bored of it. The hotel is situated closely to the hip strip so there is a supermarket 2 minutes up the road as well as some restaurants and plenty of souvenir shops. One thing that did annoy me about Montego Bay (nothing to do with the resort) was the constant harassment from drug dealers in the streets as every guy seems to deal, no matter what their day job is.
The one criticism I have of the resort is that you have to wear a wristband all the time so as soon as you leave the resort everyone knows where you are staying so increases their prices to you...
Also don't pay for a airport transfer ($68 return) as the resort is literally 5 minutes from the airport so grab a cab and save some money!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive