My wife and I visited the Royal Decameron for the first time on April 27th. The first thing I liked was the location...only five minutes from the airport! We arrived around noon and I requested a room in the Sunset building because of reviews I had read on Tripadvisor. The room was not ready...check-in time is 3pm. In the meantime we had lunch, checked out the resort, and hung out at one of the bars.
We got room #1 and were very pleased. The room was huge with a king size bed and very clean. The beach was 50 yards from our door and it was always easy to get a good "spot". The location was perfect for watching the planes coming in from all over the world! The water was awesome...I enjoyed just floating...very relaxing.
The food was too good...we both put on a couple of pounds...and the service was great! We ate at the grill and the main restaurant.
The shows after dinner were awesome! We were very impressed with professionalism of the vocalists, dancers,and the musicians!
Wifi is $5.00/hour and only available the lobby...for those of you dependent on technology. It didn't phase me...the purpose of my vacation was to disconnect and unwind.
We're planning our next visit already!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Groupon, Booking.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive