We were only in Jamaica for 4 nights so didn't want to lose time travelling, the
Royal Decameron Montego Beach is literally a 5 min taxi ride from the airport ($15). That said, whilst you could see the planes landing, like others have stated, noise was minimal and definitely not a problem.
Our check in was quick and efficient and the reception staff extremely pleasant and welcoming. Dave who took our bags made a point of showing us where everything was before taking us to our room.
We had room 407, and though the furnishings were perhaps a little tired and basic, the big balcony and terrific ocean views more than made up for it. The room was spacious with tv, ironing board and hairdryer, the shower hot and reasonably powerful.
As others have said, it is not a large resort, but that said, the hotel was full when we were there but never felt crowded, with ample sun beds and quiter areas to relax. There was a lot of maintenance work going on when we were there.
Food in the buffet restaurant was okay, not the greatest we've experienced AI, but breakfast was very good. We ate once in the a la carte and this was great, food cooked very well and a great ambience, I think had we stayed longer we may have struggled with the food, but have to add we never went hungry!
The entertainment team have the balance just right, creating an atmosphere where you feel included but not pressurised into joining in activities.DJ was brilliant but all staff were welcoming and pleasant.
We ventured out onto the hip strip once but didn't really enjoy the area so stayed within the hotel, again if we'd been there longer we would have tried some organised trips , though these did appear to be expensive.
Being English, we would have liked to have tea/ coffee facilities in the room :-) perhaps something mgt could consider?
All in all this hotel exceeded our expectations and was xcellent value for money. We would certainly return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive