The trip to Montego Bay was amazing!!!! The Decameron is literally right on the ocean, the views are breath taking and water looked sooo blue and clear. The hotel is located at the end of the hip strip not too far away from all the shops and restaurants, everything was still in walking distance- even Margaritaville. When i arrived to the hotel i checked into my room which was an ocean view room on the third floor. It was beautiful and clean. I would definitely suggest to get an ocean view room. When I walked out on the balcony, you can feel the cool island breeze and hear the ocean waves- it was so relaxing. There are many activities available to the tourists, such as snorkeling, glass bottom boat rides, kayaking and you can go jetskiing as well as going on a catamaran boat ride. There is aerobics in the pool everyday at 11am for the ladies, which looked fun and there is a pool party everyday from 2:30 pm to 5 pm where there is music being played and lots of activities and games held by the amazing entertainment staff. My favorite game was a drinking game called zuma zuma LOL! The bartenders are great also they will always make u your drink how you want it, either light or strong. Shout out to O'shane, Alicia and Christopher the best bartenders there! I had a shot called a Bob Marley shot it was soo pretty and very strong! Shout out to DJ Rue for playing all the great reggae songs and playing all of my requests as well. The entertainment team did a great job in getting us all involved in the activities, shout out to Shaq who was so pleasant and wonderful to talk to. That girl is fierce and has a great personality!!! :)
In the evening there are different shows every night all of them entertaining. One night i saw a carnival show which was amazing to see the different dancers, a cabaret show, a game show, and i even saw a snake charmer show, all the shows were fun to watch. If you do choose to sit in the front you will most likely get called upon to go on stage and participate in some of the activities during the show- which was fun too :)
for the food, there is a breakfast buffet, lunch buffet and dinner buffet- all with various kinds of food. there is also a grill by the beach which serves burgers, jerk chicken, pizza ect....
the food was okay - there are lots of options to choose from.
Every nite there is a bus at 11:30 pm that leaves the resort to take the guests to Margaritaville or you can choose to go to the disco in the resort. I went to Margaritaville one of the nights i was there and had a lot of fun. I went to the disco in the resort the other nights and had a blast also. DJ Winston is GREAT! he plays a mix of different genres and he plays everyone"s requests. The DJ definitely made the night life of the resort a lot of fun. I definitely can't wait to come back to Montego Bay, it was truly an amazing experience!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located five minutes away from Montego Bay International Airport near the commercial district and the Hip Strip, Royal Decameron Montego Beach is a beachfront property on white sandy beaches with crystal clear waters. Its facilities and ensure a relaxing holiday environment. This hotel has two restaurants, PassaPassa and Souk, where you can enjoy different international and regional dishes. During the day, you can partake in different recreational activities including dance lessons, aerobics and non-motorized water sports like kayaks, sailboats and diving lessons in the pool. In the evenings, enjoy our shows and dance till you drop at the disco of the Royal Decameron Montego Beach hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Expedia, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Decameron Montego Bay
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach All Inclusive