“Good value, nice resort.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Royal Decameron Montego Beach

Save Saved
You added Royal Decameron Montego Beach to your Saves list
Royal Decameron Montego Beach
3.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   2 Gloucester Road | St.James, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #21 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
Orlando, Florida
“Good value, nice resort.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this resort several months back for a quick getaway. This was our first visit to Jamaica. The attitude is very laid back but pleasant. If you want a laid back attitude and terrible service, I recommend the Bahamas. Anyhow, the service and food were good. The view from our room was amazing. The resort was clean and well manicured. It's a short drive to the airport and shopping was within walking distance. We went to Dunn's River Falls (insanely crowded), snorkeling (neat), Shaw's Gardens (yawn), and ziplined (so fun). Speaking of snorkeling, my husband enjoyed himself snorkeling in front of the resort. Overall,I feel that this resort was a great introduction to Jamaica. If you're looking for an all inclusive but don't want to go broke, this resort is for you. I'm giving it 4 stars for value alone. My husband and I spent roughly $1200 ($1200 total, not each) for a 4 night stay all inclusive with airfare included during the off season (booked through Travelocity).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

2,246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Regina, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Our family stayed from December 18 to January 1, 2013. This was our third Christmas spent at this resort and they do an excellent job!

Customer service - outstanding!!! Everyone working on this resort wants their guests to have a great vacation and they will all go out of their way to provide that.
Rooms - basic, clean and comfortable. We only use the room to shower and sleep, so they don't need to be top of the line. The rooms are big and air conditioning works well. The only complaint I have on the rooms is that they changed the pillows. They used to have larger, softer pillows and the ones they currently have are a bit flatter and harder.
Ocean view from the room - incredible!
Food - the food on this resort is excellent. In fact, I'd rate the food as a 4.5 based on what other resorts serve. Dining room staff are awesome at their jobs, as are the chefs and kitchen staff!
Entertainment - most of the usual entertainment group are gone but the new group, while different, are very good at entertaining everyone. They work from morning to night and are one of the reasons this resort is so unique. The Royal DeCameron dancers were on stage every third night and they are world class!! The entertainment this resort provides is truly on of the reasons we keep coming back to this resort.
Value for money spent - 5+. You can pay a lot more for a fancy resort but you won't get the customer service, food, entertainment, view, and friendliness this resort provides. Best value in Jamaica for the cost!
We will definitely go back to this resort.

Room Tip: We've stayed twice on the second floor in room 210 and once on the ground floor in 109. Next ti...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

2 weeks left nov. 16 2012. really had a great time. would do it again in a heartbeat.Shaq thank-you for everything Shaneka James,Brittany Randell,Domic Hines ,Sadiki Jack,Rayon Gordon,Sanna Sue Kerr, if I left any out I,m sorry the staff was the best.Miss you guys.Lynnford Tour Cab Driver everyone use him for your tours good prices and a fine gentleman. Ask for him at the front gate. Food was good even in 2 weeks was not bored of food enjoyed everything.Only a couple things wrong,stay on first floors, no water pressure. As I am a smoker not enough ash trays. The beaches were great, and snorkling right there saw so much.Love the people o hip-strip
not as demanding as Mexico or Dominican.I did good at the casino.Weather was great no rain. Can hardly wait for next nov. 2013 see you all then hugs and kisses.xox Cath & Ed

Room Tip: Again stay on first floors if you want water pressure Next year we will ask for rooms 106 to 109 The...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Royal Decameron look the same as it did 30 years ago .Iwas named Jack Tarr then.It was one of the best places we had ever been to .Looking at it now takes my back to the two weeks we were there.

The staff were the best,and all had british names Finley,David,Camaron.Finley Joseph,Russel.I wonder where they are now !! hope they had a good life.

Maybe we will go back one day .Hope you all have a wonderful time there like we did all the years ago.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We spent a wonderful week at this hotel Dec 22 to Dec 29 2012. The weather was perfect as well. The food was tastefull and varied every day. The dining room staff was friendly and efficient as were all the staff that we encountered. They sprayed for bugs twice that we noticed during our stay, and there were no annoying flies or mosquitos. Maintenance and cleaning were constantly going on and the grounds were well kept. All areas were clean. Food and drinks were plentyfull. I did find the hot tub a bit cool. All rooms have a sea view, but we loved ours on the ground floor with its patio and shade just steps from the beach, pool, bar and dining room and activities. It is located just minute's walk from the centre of the Hip Strip and a short taxi ride to the centre of Montego Bay. It is also close to the ariport and you can watch the planes coming in.

Room Tip: All have ocean view. Ground floor is great to just walk out onto the beach or other areas.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Banff, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

My Fiancee and our family came from Scotland for our wedding and a two week holiday, at this hotel in April 2012.
This was one of the best holidays I have ever had.
It is literally a five minute transfer from the airport so no time wasted getting to the hotel.
The hotel itself was beautiful, there is plenty of security in the hotel grounds so felt very safe there.
We had a very spacious room with separate dressing room area and bathroom.
This is the CLEANEST hotel I have ever stayed in too, it was IMMACULATE it is obvious that the maids must work very hard.our bedding was changed every day and we were provided with plenty clean towels.
THE FOOD WAS EXCELLENT! so, much choice.and the service here is in a league of its own- brilliant!
There is so much things to do here also and the evening entertainment was so good! I have never seen such effort put in to a show EVERY night, it was never boring!
Although the hotel had few rooms, the actual area is massive! it never felt crowded, or like we had to queue for anything. I think this also reflected in the personal service we recieved as the staff all knew everyones names, and the waiting staff took notice what our prefferences were very quickly.
the wedding service we received was excellent, it was so easy i met with the co-ordinator, picked what i wanted etc and was free to enjoy the holiday until the big day - they took care of everything it was so relaxing not having to worry about any thing apart from turning up!
the day itself was perfect, we were married on the pontoon in the afternoon, a great day enjoyed by us all.
i would definately recommend the Royal Decameron as a great hotel to spend a holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room furthest away from the poolside if you want a massive room. The pool view rooms on th...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is my third time going to this hotel and it was fantastic as always. I was travelling with 5 other friends and we ranged in ages from 20-25.

The staff will make you feel at home right away. The front desk was fast and efficient. The bell boy brought our bags right up to the room with a smile on his face. On our first night we were greeted by all of the staff from last time and they immediately recognized us and greeted us like family. The entertainment staff could not have been more entertaining. They engaged all of us in games and even if we hesitated we always ended up having a good time. The bartenders did a great job with drinks. Nothing was watered down like previous reviews that I've seen on here.

The property itself was clean like always. We didn't get our rooms cleaned everyday but when we did the maids did an amazing job with them. I've also seen reviews on the food not being up to par. I assure you even if your picky with food there are many dishes to choose from. My favourite part of the buffet was the lunch time where they make you your own panini sandwich. The souk restaurant was really nice as well. We had dinner there twice and we had an assortment of dishes. There were no complaints in my group about it being bad or not enough. We all left with happy and full bellies.

Nightly entertainment was fantastic. We were either laughing or amazed by the acts performed. The night club on site was not always packed but on our days when we wanted a break we would go in there to listen to the music and hang out. They always have a bus to Margaritaville, which is the club down the street. That club is now newly renovated and there is an abundance of space to move around. There are now also more bars, so that service is quick. They also have a bus to a club named Pier One. Its also a really good club. If you don't want the crowd you can always go on the dock to hang out and you will definitely meet some interesting people.

We went Dec 13- 23rd so by the end of the trip there were less younger people and more families and older couples. Either way this resort can be for any type of group or even lone travellers. It accommodates pretty much anyone. Every time I go I love this resort more and more. I will definitely be back again for a 4th trip.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the pool bar are a lot noiser because music starts at about 1030-11 - 5 so if...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Royal Decameron Montego Beach? Share your experiences!