Located a three minute drive from the airport, so we chose to get our own cab as opposed to wait for the airline bus.
Every room was provided with a 1L bottle of water which you then had to refill, as needed, downstairs at the bar. From the get-go, any requests we made seemed like we were asking for too much [i.e. one extra pillow was a huge deal, refilling of water bottle, etc] and that there was a shortage of everything.
I happened to get sick on the second day and was drinking hot water with lime and honey. I requested a kettle from the dining area or something to keep hot water in my room and was denied several times before I was able to borrow one and was told it had to be returned before six am breakfast.
Food for breakfast and dinner was great and varied every day. The one 'a la carte' restaurant was average and the menu never changed. The dining staff was always friendly and polite however, when a friend was seen leaving the dining area with a plate of food to bring up to our room for me [because I was ill], she was told that she wasn't allowed and the best reason they gave her besides 'it's just not allowed' was that it would 'bring cockroaches and rats'. Say what?!
Most of the bartenders were always rude for some reason, except the swim-up bar staff.
The beach was gorgeous and crystal clear. There was very little beach area, though there was an area on each end of the resort. One of the two beaches had extremely little sanded area so we had to place our stuff on another beach chair or they'd be washed away with the water.
Overall, I had a great time because I was in great company but I would never, ever return to the Royal Decameron, nor would I recommend it to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay
- Jack Tar Village
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Bay
- Royal Decameron
- Royal Decameron Montego
- Royal Decameron Jamaica
- Royal Decameron Montego Beach Hotel
- Royal Decameron Montego Bay Jamaica
- Montego Beach
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Royal Decameron Montego Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.