“Honeymoon Deferred” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 38 Montego Bay B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Honeymoon Deferred”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

After 5 yrs of marriage, my husband and I finally had a honeymoon.We traveled on Christmas Day and Valerie had arranged for us a driver from the airport and we joined them for Christmas dinner. Though we were dog tired (and I ill), we perked up as soon as we arrived to Mynt because of mouth watering aroma wafting from the kitchen. Valerie and the staff made our holiday very special.They were very gracious with accommodating our dietary restrictions; even going so far as to have fresh "green juice" for my husband each morning which is part of his mandatory regimen, to preparing a home remedy for my relentless cold/cough. They were superb! The entire B&B was well outfitted for us to LIME. It was conveniently located to the Hip Strip, the beach, and downtown so we were able to forgo the taxi for a more healthy and less stressful mode of transportation - walking. Valerie made arrangements for us to have excursions in Ocho Rios - which is about 1.5 hrs by car to the Falls, Jamaican bobsledding, canopy tours, and whatever else we wanted. But mostly we stayed close by the inn because I was ill. This was great because it sits atop a hill that overlooks the ocean giving way to breath taking views and cooling breezes. It was truly hard to leave Mynt and MOBAY. This place ticked all the boxes for us - beautiful, accommodating,friendly, excellent customer service, peaceful, affordable, relaxing, and central to the airport, beaches, and other cities. We've already begun campaigning to bring back family & friends on our next visit. But I pray it wont take me another 5 yrs. Thanks Valerie & the awesome staff at Mynt Retreat, Montego Bay! And thanks to Tina for recommending this wonderful place. Love to you all!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the second floor for the views; unless you are like us and really only use your...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

27 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

A few weeks ago I found myself stranded without a passport at the Montego Bay Airport, unable to reenter the United States for three days. A kind airport employee contacted Valerie Brimo, the owner of Mynt Retreat a few minutes away from the airport, and soon I found myself at a most beautiful villa overlooking the bay. Miss Brimo had recently converted the abandoned mansion into a Moroccan-themed bed&breakfast, and the place surprised me with its elegance and sophistication. Miss Brimo helped me most generously with my numerous problems (which included a very tight deadline for an article), ranging from internet access to finding a bus to Kingston to being fed light meals when I was too busy to leave the premises. And even though the bay looked most enticing, I was very happy and well taken care of in this beautiful, airy house. I highly recommend this most inviting retreat at a most convenient location - it's not just for stranded travelers.

Room Tip: All rooms were newly and tastefully furnished.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Valerie, our hostess made our family visit to Mynt Retreat a real treat. Working with us from afar, she and her staff prepared an inviting homecoming treat for my mum containing favourite foods from her childhood; and of course a rum punch without equal. The room was spacious, comfortable, with air conditionin and a cieling fan ( we switched back and forth since the nights were cool) and a private terrace overlooking the sea. Our breakfast of salt fish,banana, yam and festival was washed down with orange passion juice and blue mountain coffee on the terrace. The wi-fi service was much appreciated and it was ever so close to the airport. The perfect launching point for our trip around the island and down memory lane.

Room Tip: The Marrakech room has two queen size beds, a sofa bed and a private terrace!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Orchard Lake, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

From being greeted with warm, smiling faces, to our send off behind a wonderful cooked to order breakfast, Mynt Retreat did not disappoint. Such a short ride from the airport, which means convenient, but on a quiet residential street,makes the retreat excellently located. Our room was spacious and the decor was lovely. There was a stunning view from our private patio. The staff was efficient and helpful. They secured a driver for our evening dinner and willingly allowed phone use without the hassles of a larger property. Valerie, your property gets great marks!
Namaste

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room with a great view. Order the Jamaican style breakfast....delish!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hinesville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

MIssed my flight! No flights til the following day. I had travelled from Saint Mary to Montego Bay - that is a long trip- my driver left! Stressed!! Needed a room for the night with a ride to the airport the next day plus Internet. Surprisingly some very expensive all inclusives did not provide such basic yet very necessary services. I was so happy when Ms. Valerie took my call, just her calm voice made me more relaxed. She and her team took care of my needs and I felt at home. Highly recommended, can only get better with time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Glendale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We stayed at Mynt Retreat in April for 3 nights because we had a business conference to attend at a hotel in Rosehall. The staff at Mynt were so endearing. It truly made me feel like I was in the comfort of my home. Valerie and her team made sure all of our needs were taken care of. They offer almost everything there. We even got a massage therapist and got our hair and nails attended to. I would recommend here to anyone.

Room Tip: We preferred the upstairs rooms because of the decks.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mynt Retreat? Share your experiences!