“Newman Forbes (876) 809-9905 - Beat driver in Jamaica ” 5 of 5 stars

876 952 0813
Website
Improve this listing
Vero Beach, Florida
“Newman Forbes (876) 809-9905 - Beat driver in Jamaica ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Newman Forbes is the best driver in Montego Bay! He will take you on a short ride or across the island. Always felt safe!
Newman was always on time, knowledgeable, and his van was clean. Plus his prices were well below average!

(876) 809-9905 is his cell phone #.

Arnold, Missouri
“Deb & Art were fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We caught the bus from the Carnival Terminal! Had a blast Shopping Food History of Jamaica and Margaritaville! Will suggest to everyone!

Visited May 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Cab driver - Desmond Callam - Juta - Ochos rios”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

One of the best ways to explore Ochos Rios, Jamaica is with Desmond. I vet all drivers and negotiate price before I get in and we passed 5 others drivers until Desmond came to us and offered us something reasonable and had the best people skills. He took us to get change at 100% conversion and then to get Red Stripe at a local market for as cheap as it gets. He'll take you to the best local attractions and give you a local's perspective on life in Jamaica. He brought us to blue hole and waited patiently until we were ready to leave. Stopping for the best view in Jamaica accompanied by the best jerk chicken was an experience within it self. Call Juta and ask for Desmond Callam when in Ochoa Rios next.

Visited February 2014
Montreal, Canada
15 attraction reviews
“Ripped off by JUTA employee in Kingston.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

While on a layover in Kingston, I decided to head over to Port Royal for a meal. I was referred to a maxi driver and the fee of US$17 was set for trip and another US$17 for the return. No problem there. Mr. Thomson Wallace was very informative and polite until we got to the restaurant. I asked him if he was going to wait around or if we should set up a meeting time. He replied that he wasn't rushed and he'd wait around. Next thing I know he's ordering lunch and a few beers and we are in conversation, which was fine by me, until he looks up and says "Thanks for lunch". At NO point did I ever offer him anything!! I can't tell you how disgusted I was at his attitude, never mind his table manners. I just laughed though, since I knew he played me well. I had no option to pay for his meal because I'm confident he would've just left me there. It's a good little scam for him, but unfortunately puts this whole company on the "too be avoided" list. The meal at Gloria's was delicious though.

Visited March 2014
Bald Head Island, North Carolina
“Ripped off by Juta Tours in Ocho Rios!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

We arrived in Ocho Rios on a cruise ship and got to land at 10:30 AM. 4 of us wanted a tour of Jamaica for the 4.5 hrs we had on shore. We asked for a trip around to see the island. We were handed over to a Juta Tours van with driver and guide and told yes, fine, they could do that and it would cost $40 each. We handed over the money and got in the van. But the van didn't leave because the Guide didn't get in until she had found 4 more people. We weren't pleased but figured if they wanted to go on the tour also, it would be ok. But they didn't want a tour. 2 wanted to go to Dunn Falls only and the other 2 wanted to go to the falls and shopping. The 4 of us didn't want to go to the falls or shopping.

We were taken to a shop to rent shoes for the falls $7 each and then to the falls $20 each. At that point we decided to be good sports and go along. At the Falls parking lot, we were told to be back to the van in 60 min. The 4 of us were back. The others were not. 45 min later the 2 who wanted to shop were back and we had been complaining for 20 minutes so the Guide who'd been searching for the others and communicating with the Driver on the phone, told him to take the 6 of us and drop off the two at the shopping. This was back toward the ship so we told the Driver we wanted to go back to the ship and we wanted our money back.

He did not take us back, he politely cajoled us about having a tour and went back to pick up the Guide, who had disposed of the other 2 people somehow. When she got in the van we told her we wanted to go back to the ship and wanted our money back. She conversed with the driver in a dialect we couldn't understand and off we went. It was now 1:00 and we felt kidnapped and clearly there was no way we were getting our money back. We proceeded to have a "tour" with the 4 of us in silence because we were all so furious. We were returned to the ship at 2:30.

In our opinion, the money from the 4 additional people probably went into the Guide's pocket and the money from the 4 of us couldn't be returned because she would have to pay Juta their share of an aborted tour. None of us had been to Jamaica before. We'd been told it wasn't safe but didn't want to believe that. Although we weren't physically unsafe, we were ripped off. We will not return to Jamaica and we will tell everyone who will listen what happened. I have written this same story to Juta Tours and identified the Guide and the Driver involved.

The rating for this should be ZERO.

Visited February 2014