“Good Value for the Price” 4 of 5 stars

Toby's Resort
2.0 of 5 Resort   |   1 Kent Avenue, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #27 of 63 Hotels in Montego Bay
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good Value for the Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The property was nicely landscaped, secure, always clean. The rooms were a good size and kept clean. There were a few small issues like no hot water one day and the sliding glass patio door could only be opened from the inside (one room.) But it was definitely a good resort for the price. The staff was friendly and responsive. The maid even did our laundry for a small fee. The property is on a busy street. I recommend asking for a room at the back. We were there for 9 days and the restaurant menu was somewhat limited, but that got us out exploring other venues. The location is excellent. We walked to just about everything in town and hired a taxi to go further. There are two pools. We only used the larger one. It was clean and had ample chairs for relaxing. The poolside bar was good.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the property are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
flint,michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

The holetal is small but very nice foir the price. The staff are very nice. the rooms are comfortable and clean. The fiurst room I was given, did not have a coffee pot, but come to find out that I had been given a standard room, by mistake, the problem was quickly solved and I was moved to the deluxe room that I had paid for. Some reviews spaoke about the noise level. but it was very quiet , except my room was not to far from the out door. It stopped about 11pm. but still was not so much that I would complain. I WOULD stay there again. It is a safe place. As was traveling alone.

Room Tip: room 39 if you choose a standard room, room 66 if you choose a deluxe
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for three nights in January as a family the front desk staff were very professional and very pleasured, always greeting you with a smile.

The hotel is right on the hip strip , that was very handy, also handy for the airport,used the pool for early morning swim

Hotel was clean, hotel ground was also well kept, we only have breakfast in the hotel which we found great, the JA breakfast was wonderful
We would stay here again no problem.

Room Tip: Alway lock you suitcases when going out!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

The hotel offers quality service and good maintenance. We loved every meal on the restaurant, the pool, the room and the overall conditions. Most of the time the staff was friendly (one or other exception). The resort’s driver – Paul – takes you to several places by a good price and explain interesting things about the places in the way.
The only thing that bothered us was the nearby street, Gloucester Avenue. Too much harassment, as we never experienced anywhere else. But it seemed to us that this is Montego Bay’s characteristic: hotel – tour – hotel. We usually walk around the places we travel to, but this is not the place for it. So if you’re staying there, plan your trip and ask Paul to take you to your destinies!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed overnight - as stop over for onward journey to relatives. Hotel in need of some modernisation, has air con and free toiletries, and hey I was able to use free wifi in restaurant area, so I can live with that. Breakfast was nice and adequate. Two pools not sure I would swim in any of them though. My highlight was feeding the fishes, chef came out and gave me fish food and the beautiful fishes came alive - Great location, but I think the $15 dollars taxi ride from airport is standard but really not worth it. After a few days with relatives I wished I was back at the Toby.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Visited Mobay again, and decided to stay at Toby's again; lots of improvement and upgrades have been made, rooms are beautiful and well kept,service is great as always.Def recommend ,most affordable w best location in Mobay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

I stayed overnight with my wife in mid December. Location excellent, very close to the airport and a short walk to Doctors Beach and the Hip Strip. Older hotel and a bit frayed round the edges but the room was comfortable and had a balcony overlooking the well tended grounds. Two pleasant pools. Nice restaurant and bar with reasonably priced food.
The staff were all really good-they let us stay beyond checking out time as we were catching a late afternoon bus to Mandeville. I left some eye drops in the room and didn't realise this until I had left Montego Bay so was very impressed when I phoned to find they had the eye drops and two weeks later I was able to pick them up at the front desk. Great service. I recommend Tobys as a relatively economical and convenient place to stay in Montego Bay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Toby's Resort? Share your experiences!