“Clean, simple and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

The Gloucestershire Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   92 Gloucester Ave, Montego Bay, Jamaica   |
Ranked #21 of 63 hotels in Montego Bay
Montego Bay, Jamaica
“Clean, simple and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I was referred to this hotel and was not disappointed, as this was a last minute decision to stay in Montego Bay for a family reunion. Everyone at the hotel was accommodating and welcoming. The rooms were comfortable and the balcony views were amazing not to mention the complimentary breakfast serving authentic Jamaican dishes. I would definitely stay there again. The location is ideal, with many other places to eat nearby.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

221 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

We were scheduled to leave Montego Bay Friday, June 14th at 3:30...delay, move of gate, finally cancellation of flight led Spirit Air to move over 100 of us to this hotel. From the minute we arrived...and it was late evening...everyone was accommodating and welcoming! They prepared an evening meal for us, brought around cool juice drinks, and were most hospitable! Rooms were comfortable, clean, spacious, modern. Great water pressure in shower! Breakfast was plentiful and the continued welcoming attitude greeted us from beginning to end of a very frustrating time. While we spent 4 days at an all-inclusive resort, this was no "flea-bag hotel". Great location,close to the airport, beautiful beach across the street, close shopping. Would definitely consider staying if returning to Montego Bay.

Room Tip: Request room NOT located on busy street
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed here the end February in 2013 for 4days. Before choosing every hotel I always read the reviews so I decided we're going with GLOUSTERSHIRE just by the reviews. LAWERENCE THE BEll hop is AMAZING...He told us were to go, where to eat, he knew all the hot spots, the reasonable taxis. Front desk girls were amazing so sweet I felt like they had known me forever. We stayed in the back so the noise from the Hip strip didn't affected us at all. The hotel has an old rustic feel combine with modern style which gave it a romantic feeling. The breakfast was DELICIOUS all you can eat buffet Jamaican style what more can you asked for to start your day. Our rooms were cleaned everyday while we were there. Daily they changed our towels and our sheets. We were catered to our every need at the hotel. EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GREAT HOSPITALITY.

Only one problem I had with this Hotel there wasn't any WIFI in our room and not all the rooms have wifi only the ones close to the front desk. But to be honest without this feature it allowed my husband and i to escape our busy lives, enjoy each other and completely relax! We will certainly be back soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

All the superb reviews mystify me. This is an average hotel at best. It is clean and has good air con, and it is central being across the road from the Doctor's Cave beach club, which is the best part of Mo Bay. The hotel, like Mo Bay, looks like it had its heyday decades ago and then has had some basic amateur maintenance since. The common terrace lounges are the best feature. It was like a Fawlty Towers skit when we asked for the key to the in-room safe (it was not to be found). Even trying to get the lethargic tour desk lady (who had no other customers) to assist with transport was a challenge. There is nothing hip about the Hip Strip; just the usual junky beachside souvenir shops, and lots of buildings that look derelict but are in fact in full operation. Be prepared to be hassled constantly by scammers and hustlers. You can't walk along the beach for more than a 100 metres. My advice; don't bother with Montego Bay at all, just go straight from the airport to Negril or Ocho Rios.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a super nice place to stay it clean its to every ting the town the party's and all these the tings so ever yuh in no bay check it out we stayed there and all went well I will go back now if I could but I will save to go back to jamaica

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I are used to the all-inclusive hotels while staying in Montego Bay but never end up staying on property. This trip we wanted to a central location that was offered the same quality. The room rates were great( we stayed 5 nights) , the room was cleaned every morning, and the staff was very professional and courteous. Two things that deserved its own sentence was the Food! Delicious and in Abundance, so much so, that we looked forward to eating before we left the hotel and returned to eat dinner at the hotel. Plus, the rooms have just been renovated, so there is a very cozy / contemporary vibe.

• Stayed June 2013
Berlin, Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I will be back!

What a fab place, the breakfast buffet was just a delight. Dinner was excellent.
The staff friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and very comfortable....I have no complaints.

The fact that one can walk across the road to one of the world's most pristine beaches, walk to nice bars, go shopping etc. etc. just made my experience there worth writing about.

I was happy, relaxed and felt safe....All of what a vacation is about!!

Kudo to Manager and Staff!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Gloucestershire Hotel? Share your experiences!