“Ground Transfer” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 38 Attractions in Montego Bay
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Type: Airport & ground transfers, Transportation
More attraction details
Owner description: Island Transfer & Tours is a TripAvisor #1 rated ground transportation company in Montego Bay, Jamaica. We offer complete transportation packages including airport transfer, cruise ship pier pickups and customized tours. Our drivers are licensed by the Jamaica Tourist Board (JTB) and knowledgeable professionals who love what they do. We strive to make your experience most enjoyable while visiting our island. Our airport transfer services are second to none. We offer pick up from Donald Sangster International (Montego Bay) and Norman Manley International (Kingston) with drop off at any of Jamaica's fabulous hotels, villas or guest houses. . Your final destinations can be any of Jamaica's fabulous hotels and great houses. We will take you to: Port Antonio -Ocho Rios - Falmouth Cruise Ship - The South Coast - Negril - Montego Bay.
Boston
“Ground Transfer”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I don't ask a lot of my transfer except for punctual. Many of us travelers know the worst is the transfer you booked did not show up or was late which impacted your entire trip. I booked Island Transfer online (easy!) then within hours system sent me an email confirmation with where to locate them at the airport and when they come to pick me up at the hotel for the return trip. Follow their direction on the confirmation email, had no issue meeting Byron at the airport, on my return Byron was ontime (actually 15min early) waiting at the hotel lobby. The car is clean, blasted with AC (that I don't really care but some of you may). The price among all of transfer companies are pretty much the same (maybe $5 difference), specially since I have a group of 5, either way would come out about the same. I totally recommend them.

Woodbridge, Canada
“The best transfer around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Byron and Owen are great! Used this service based on all the positive comments and can see why. Island transfer and tours is great because of the drivers they have - clean cars and just safe overall! Would recommend this to everyone going to Jamaica!

Boston, Massachusetts
“As expected and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We selected Island Transfer and Tours solely on Tripadvisor ratings - we were not disappointed. On time, polite and we even got a "mini-tour" of the city = the local life as our flight was delayed an hour so we had time to kill on the way back.

Price was the lowest we could find for a private pickup. They appear to be selective in who they have pick up their customers. They don't appear to provide their own vehicles. But we were picked up in a euro mini-van both times.

Definitely will use them again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
12 attraction reviews
“Do yourself a favor and get a private transfer to your hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Our destination was Ocho Rios, Jamaica. We learned last year that the shuttle offered in the all-inclusive package is not the way to travel when you have a long ride. Several hotel drop offs really add to your time on the bus. It could end up being 3+ hours.

This year we booked through Island Transfers and we will do that from now on. The price is very reasonable. It cost approximately $200 for 6 people, round trip, not including a tip. It was worth every penny. Our time on the shuttle was cut in half.

Our driver, MARK, is a rock star. He took us to Columbus Bay where we had lunch and a drink. He is funny and charming and I definitely say to request him if you can. Luckily, we were able to have him as our driver on both trips.

We look forward to our next trip and we can't wait to see Mark again!!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Very Professional”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

We were picked up at the airport on time and were given a nice ride by a very knowledgable driver. The return trip worried me as I did not have access to my e-mail to know what time they were going to pick us up at the hotel There was no phone number at our hotel for them. The hotel seemed not interested in helping us. I guess that they were hooked up with another transfer company. Our driver showed up what turned out to be 5 minutes earlier than their confirmation e-mail stated. He was just as great as the 1st one. I would use them again for sure!!

Visited June 2013