We stayed here one night as we had splurged on Jewel Runaway Bay and Iberostar Grand Rose Hall previously and our airline tickets were changed so we could either extend another night at Iberostar or try something else for a new experience,I am all for trying something new so we stayed here for 1 night before catching our flights back home.
Check in was a long wait in line but they were kind and offered punch to us as we waited in the heat.
We got there at 1230 and the room wasn't ready so they kindly stored our luggage and told us to enjoy some lunch and we did and it was okay.
They had constant entertainment which did help pass the time but by 2 pm it was so hot and with no air condition place to go we went back to the front desk where there continued to be a long line and where we observed people now checking in getting there room keys,so we begged for our and the man finally gave us the room keys yeah!!!
The room was average hotel room decently clean could have been cleaner.They did have my favorite bath and body works toiletries in the bathroom which is always a plus.
We stayed in room 5317 with a beautiful ocean view. Room had free WiFi so we called home to check on kids for free. The room had a nice love seat to sit on. The balcony was small compared to the other resorts we had been to.
Didn't go to any specialty restaurants but from what other people were saying they were pretty good
The saving grace about this place was the laundry they had a washer and dryer for free and we got all of our laundry done,yeah,I could see this as a big plus for parents with children on vacation.At the other resorts you have to pay for laundry service which can get quite expensive.
The beach was okay,not sure if the litter was from people that day using it or if it just isn't normally cleaned.
After eating lunch at the buffet we decided against it for dinner and took a over priced 60 usd round trip taxi ride to a restaurant called Pier one that was less than a 10 min ride we checked with different drivers and some charged more,really?
The food was okay nothing to write home about but the views were outstanding.
Check out was quick ,our private ride back to the airport didn't show up so we caught a decently priced shuttle .
This is a good budget place especially if your low on funds but want to experience Jamaica and if you have children because they seem to have a lot for them to do and all of the children we saw were very happily giggling and playing.
Minus the long wait to get into the rooms in the heat it was decent stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *All rates displayed are All-Inclusive* When comparing Jamaica hotels, consider the All-Inclusive Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Hotel-Montego Bay Jamaica. After an extensive renovation, this favorite Montego Bay hotel looks fantastic! The renewed color theme throughout the hotel will help you kick off your Jamaica vacation. A newly refreshed lobby, enhanced guestrooms with flat screen TV's, restaurants, beach and swimming and sunning areas make this Jamaica hotel better than ever. This Jamaica resort is located approximately 7 minutes from the Montego Bay International Airport. We offer an array of services as well as optional tours. Our wedding coordinator can help you plan your dream Caribbean wedding. Please look at our package page for more information. Conference facilities available. Children activity centre from 6 months to 12 years. The All- Inclusive Caribbean vacation includes room, non-motorized water sports, three delicious meals and snacks - buffet or a la carte. Please note: Some restaurants are not open every day and require reservations. See food and beverage section for schedules. Local brand cocktails and soft drinks. *Must advise arrival flight in info field when making reservations. Taxes and service charges included. Our property offers a courtesy lounge with luggage storage area and shower facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica
- Montego Bay Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Rose Hall
- Rose Hall Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Montego Bay Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Montego Bay Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Jamaica