I gave the H.I. Sunspree another chance and this may be my final visit.
We spent six days five nights Aug.20-25 just needed some time away to unwind. We were not told about the returning visitor private managers dinner, another couple we met mentioned it in conversation.
The food as actually gotten worst. I find myself eating at the jerk hut more often than expected.
We dined at the upstairs restaurant two nights, same menus each night no variety. The waiting staff was very friendly and nice at the restaurant and seem to enjoy talking to us about Jamaica attractions.
Our room 6307 was clean and quiet and across from adult pool area.
When you visit Sunspree bring a large Soda cup because their dining room cups run out often and lines develop, their cups are a little bigger than a shot glass. You can purchase large soda cups for $7 across the street from Hotel. Hotel charges $15. There is a Mini strip mall with great deals on souveniers, There is a man made island across from pool area very quiet with shallow water, good for snorkeling, stay to your far left or right of island the ocean is deeper with less rocks and seaweeds.
Nightly entertainment is very weak, subpar acts with no fan fare. The best time is after the shows when the hotel's DJ hooks up and the entire lobby turns into one big club....
Our friends received an upgrade to a junior suite after complaining about original room size....
Do not go to Sunspree expecting a five star hotel, it is a two to three star at best.....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *All rates displayed are All-Inclusive* When comparing Jamaica hotels, consider the All-Inclusive Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Hotel-Montego Bay Jamaica. After an extensive renovation, this favorite Montego Bay hotel looks fantastic! The renewed color theme throughout the hotel will help you kick off your Jamaica vacation. A newly refreshed lobby, enhanced guestrooms with flat screen TV's, restaurants, beach and swimming and sunning areas make this Jamaica hotel better than ever. This Jamaica resort is located approximately 7 minutes from the Montego Bay International Airport. We offer an array of services as well as optional tours. Our wedding coordinator can help you plan your dream Caribbean wedding. Please look at our package page for more information. Conference facilities available. Children activity centre from 6 months to 12 years. The All- Inclusive Caribbean vacation includes room, non-motorized water sports, three delicious meals and snacks - buffet or a la carte. Please note: Some restaurants are not open every day and require reservations. See food and beverage section for schedules. Local brand cocktails and soft drinks. *Must advise arrival flight in info field when making reservations. Taxes and service charges included. Our property offers a courtesy lounge with luggage storage area and shower facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, getaroom.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica
- Montego Bay Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Rose Hall
- Rose Hall Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Montego Bay Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Montego Bay Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Jamaica