Overall, this hotel is great. The food is plentiful and available at almost all times, the little island/beach is beautiful and the snorkeling around the island was unexpected and quite good!
The pools were clean and well maintained - and the all-inclusive included everything we signed up for. We booked our vacation through CheapCarribean.com - and about a week before we left, NBC did an expose on Cheap Carribean. They made it out to be a scam - that nothing was as advertised. Needless to say, I was nervous!!! We got an excellent deal on our vacation and I was worried that we had been had! However, everything went really smoothly - and I would definitely book with CheapCarribean.com again. They delivered on everything they said. PHEW!!!
Check-in was a little slow, but the staff brought over complimentary cocktails (Jamaican Delights were DELISH) and we were soon at our room without issue. The room was fine. I am not super picky, though. It was clean, but clearly old. Beds were comfortable. Our room was in building 1 - parts of which are on the pool side. This makes for a nice view, but is one of the big regrets we had during our stay. They offer nightly entertainment (which is great), but we are not late-night people, and the music was extremely loud until 10:30 - 11 pm every single night. UGH! We should have changed our room on the 2nd day, but nobody wanted to pack everything up and make the move...so we stuck it out, but wished we had.
Here are some other pointers that will help you if you stay here:
1) Bring large beverage containers (or buy them in the shopping "plaza" across the street from the hotel). The all-inclusive glasses at the bar are tiny...but they'll fill up any size mug or container. Much easier than having to walk up to the bar over and over.
2) Men: Bring PANTS if you want to eat at the Italian restaurant (which is very good and worth the hassle). We made reservations and showed up with dress shorts - turned away!! Because my husband and boys did not pack pants, they offered to loan them pants - which they used (very funny-looked like clowns, but got to eat!). It was a little annoying to see that they don't enforce this rule for boys under 12. They also need to have collared shirts and no flip flops. They rigidly enforce the dress code (heard that they even turned away a wedding party!).
3) If you want a good driver/guide to bring you around (we went to Rick's Cafe in Negril to cliff-jump...FUN), a good person to call is Stanley with Stanley's Tours. He works right from the Taxi station in front of the hotel...but was a real treat. Super friendly and we felt completely safe and comfortable with him. My boys thought he was GREAT! He told us a lot about the Jamaican culture and brought us to the best shopping spots, etc.
4) If you go to bed early, DO NOT GET A ROOM BY THE POOL!
5) There is good (but fairly high pressure) shopping directly across the street from the hotel.
6) If you want to bring home some Jamaican Rum, booze is MUCH cheaper at the airport.
7) Don't expect luxury rooms (didn't see the upgraded rooms), but they are clean and no bugs at all.
8) I am gluten-free and have many dietary restrictions. I was worried about the buffet - but was able to find plenty of options that worked for me. Lots of fresh fruit, salads, grilled meat and fish, potatoes, etc. I was very relieved!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *All rates displayed are All-Inclusive* When comparing Jamaica hotels, consider the All-Inclusive Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Hotel-Montego Bay Jamaica. After an extensive renovation, this favorite Montego Bay hotel looks fantastic! The renewed color theme throughout the hotel will help you kick off your Jamaica vacation. A newly refreshed lobby, enhanced guestrooms with flat screen TV's, restaurants, beach and swimming and sunning areas make this Jamaica hotel better than ever. This Jamaica resort is located approximately 7 minutes from the Montego Bay International Airport. We offer an array of services as well as optional tours. Our wedding coordinator can help you plan your dream Caribbean wedding. Please look at our package page for more information. Conference facilities available. Children activity centre from 6 months to 12 years. The All- Inclusive Caribbean vacation includes room, non-motorized water sports, three delicious meals and snacks - buffet or a la carte. Please note: Some restaurants are not open every day and require reservations. See food and beverage section for schedules. Local brand cocktails and soft drinks. *Must advise arrival flight in info field when making reservations. Taxes and service charges included. Our property offers a courtesy lounge with luggage storage area and shower facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, IHG, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica
- Montego Bay Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Rose Hall
- Rose Hall Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Montego Bay Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Montego Bay Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort Jamaica