My friend and I are two females in our late 20s who were looking to escape winter at an affordable price. We stayed here in Feb 2013. Demographics of the resort were mostly families with young kids, and retired couples but there were a few young adult couples and singles. This resort is a true 3 1/2 in that we felt safe, our accomodations were very clean and comfortable, and staff was helpful but the food wasn't great, the entertainment was kitchy, and the beach was kind of small and shallow.
- Free shuttle each night to Margaritaville or club. Thurs or Sat are the days to go out.
- the Jerk hut
- the lounging island
- the rooms
- the italian and seafood restaurant
- excursions: luminous lagoon and the nigril trip (7 mile beach and beautiful sunset)
- 50% of staff were very friendly and the other half looked pissed off to be there
- nightly entertainment was what you would expect on a cruise ship and the feeling of adult summer camp got old
- food was usually bland but I have a feeling that I would think that way of most food in Jamaica
- book one excursion, make friends with your driver and he/she will then offer you excursions or day trips at a reduced rate. There are cabs that hang out outside of the resort that try to do the same thing but I wasn't brave enough to try it with them
- book your restaurant reservations the morning before. they say you can only go to each once per week but they don't really keep track.
- gift shop prices are outrageous at the resort and the people across the street are mostly trying to rip you off. some of the locals are there a bit sketchy too. there is a grocery store across the street that has reasonable prices. go to them for your coffee, jerk spices, etc
- ladies: one word - aquafit. you'll see.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Sunspree
- Montego Bay Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Montego Bay
- Holiday Inn Montego Bay
- Holiday Inn Jamaica
- Holiday Inn Rose Hall
- Rose Hall Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Sunspree Montego Bay Jamaica
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- *All rates displayed are All-Inclusive* When comparing Jamaica hotels, consider the All-Inclusive Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Hotel-Montego Bay Jamaica. After an extensive renovation, this favorite Montego Bay hotel looks fantastic! The renewed color theme throughout the hotel will help you kick off your Jamaica vacation. A newly refreshed lobby, enhanced guestrooms with flat screen TV's, restaurants, beach and swimming and sunning areas make this Jamaica hotel better than ever. This Jamaica resort is located approximately 7 minutes from the Montego Bay International Airport. We offer an array of services as well as optional tours. Our wedding coordinator can help you plan your dream Caribbean wedding. Please look at our package page for more information. Conference facilities available. Children activity centre from 6 months to 12 years. The All- Inclusive Caribbean vacation includes room, non-motorized water sports, three delicious meals and snacks - buffet or a la carte. Please note: Some restaurants are not open every day and require reservations. See food and beverage section for schedules. Local brand cocktails and soft drinks. *Must advise arrival flight in info field when making reservations. Taxes and service charges included. Our property offers a courtesy lounge with luggage storage area and shower facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn SunSpree Resort Montego Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.